A Northern newbie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty46

Established Member
Reaction score
HI if members say that Wigan is north then I not sure where Durham is on this green and pleasant land . As well as woodwork im into a bit of fly fishing on the river Tees . Of to Scawton timber supplies next week to pick up some Oak my next project is a swinging crib for our first Grandchild due in May . Anyway enough rambling stay safe Dave

Welcome Dave, and anything north of Banbury is 'north' ( and I am probably being a bit lenient there :) )

Welcome Dave its nice to see another durhamite on the forum. I've been frequenting these pages for ages but have not done much woodwork. Been too busy making the workshop of my dreams, well almost. This is the year I learn how to use all my old iron.
Mark

And welcome from another Durhamite, this time from the far northwest of the county the "snowball factory"
Chas

Welcome Dave.

I pass by your neck of the woods occasionally when the wife insists we visit relatives near Barnard Castle.

You're lucky only to be helping your offspring move house. My son has bought a Victorian terrace house after ignoring my instructions not to buy anything that needs work. It last changed hands in 1926 and was owned by two VERY old spinster sisters - guess who's doing the work. :cry: I'm sure it was never my idea to have kids :roll:

Bob

Hi Bob I'm afraid that I would go to the end of the earth for my daughter as we are to become grandparents for the first time in early May but as the Dads and Daughters syndrome she only had to smile and I was under her spell . But you still enjoy working alone at your sons house as he will have some excuse not to be there as you toil away . Enjoy Dave

monty46":3o1g83bw said:
Hi Bob I'm afraid that I would go to the end of the earth for my daughter as we are to become grandparents for the first time in early May but as the Dads and Daughters syndrome she only had to smile and I was under her spell . But you still enjoy working alone at your sons house as he will have some excuse not to be there as you toil away . Enjoy Dave

Hi Dave

Yep I have a daughter as well and in my case being a builder the lists my kids have are are very long. You do what you need to do for your offspring after all.

Enjoy your grandchild, we are in that position ourselves with our first grandaughter (my sons) being 11 months now and changing every time we see her, which is never enough anyway as we both work full time.
My son and his family have been living with his mother in law since the sale of their house early December and the new one is full restoration of an old victorian terrace which will make a lovely family home but time is of the essence so 6 day weeks.
My comments were tongue in cheek and I don't work alone usually so I have no problem doing the work except that I'm knackered at the end of the day. You forget that putting up new ceilings gives you a hell of a stiff neck. We start the extension end of this week so look forward to the digging - not! :)

Bob

Back