A new piperack in Lacewood.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Escudo

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A christmas project is completed, a piperack for my friend from the pipe club Johno.

3157558086_aa9703140c.jpg

3156727869_4cf1423442.jpg

The rack is made from an offcut of Lacewood (I think this is London plane cut on the quarter). The grain is wild and looks like snake skin.

I made some small leather inserts for the base to cover the pilot holes created by the forstner bit. The pilars were made on my small lathe.

A fun small project that turned out very well. :)

Happy new year all, Cheers Tony.

That is a really nice little piece.

Good simple design, just let the superb grain figuring say it all.

Well done Tony.

John. B

That is smashing, Tony! I like the grain. Very unusual.

Anyway, it is much appreciated and will look nice on my desk.

Thank you!

Fantastic wood. The pipe smokers club amuses my slightly, each to their own. That stuff'll kill you one day.

wizer":1qbpz9hj said:
Fantastic wood. The pipe smokers club amuses my slightly, each to their own. That stuff'll kill you one day.

only if you inhale :whistle:

a great piece-the wood looks wonderfull :)

cornucopia":13r9fuyp said:
wizer":13r9fuyp said:

only if you inhale :whistle:

a great piece-the wood looks wonderfull :)

If you inhale then emphasima, diabetes or lung cancer is most likely to kill you, not inhaling biases it towards throat and mouth cancer, take your pick!

Aidan

ps. please don't see this as me trying to discourage you though, you nutters are great business for us in the medical products industry! Keep it up!!

Tony - I like that, beautifully figured bit of timber. I've got a small lump of that from Yandles so may well do something with it later on...I'm now inspired :D - Rob

Thanks for the kind comments fellas.

I seem to remember buying that piece of timber from an offcuts bargain type bucket at the timber yard in Norwich. It was only a few pounds.

Small pieces of interesting timber can be put to great use with a little imagination.

On the subject of the pipe club here is a link to our web page, meetings every third Wednesday of the month. (please no nagging nannies :wink:)

http://www.pipeclubofnorfolk.co.uk/pcntext.php

Cheers, Tony.

Tony
That is a great piece of work using beautifull wood, Do you make pipes as well ( could be a stupid question) .
I like the idea of a pipe smoking club conjures up some fine images, I once heard someone refuse a cigarette as they were trying to cultivate a pipe (probably on TV) .
Presumably your'e club premises are now outside should cut down on subs at least.
Jason.

Government warning SMOKING KILLS :?

phantom of the offcut":1zm5g42v said:
...I like the idea of a pipe smoking club conjures up some fine images...

Look at how chilled and relaxed this guy is. This is a man at one with his pipe. BTW Tony that is a beautiful pipe rack, I love that timber. I've recently converted from cigs to a pipe and a pipe rack will be my next project. Tiddles et al; yes you're right smoking cigs and a pipe does cause all those horrific diseases and more, but smoking a pipe is the complete opposite of smoking fags. It's something I do while relaxing in the workshop, contemplating whatever I'm working on, appreciating the beauty and craftsmanship of the briar pipe. I can go for several days without smoking a pipe; would never have been able to do that with cigs 8)

Good little project and excellent use of the lacewood and leather, pipes look good too. I'm a lifelong anti-smoker, hate it, but I love the smell of pipes and cigars. When I can no longer sling my leg over the mountain bike cross bar I'd like to take up pipe smoking, something to look forward to in later life

Latest posts

Back