A new lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maurice D

Established Member
Reaction score
Well folks I have finally taken the plunge. Yesterday I ordered the new lathe the boss said I could have. I have ordered a CL3-CAM with the corresponding lathe bench, from Record Power. The people in sales were a pleasure to deal with and gave me a good price. I have had to order it via a participating stockist but the sales staff at Record telephoned them and told them the price to charge. All I have to do now is dispose of my previous lathe and rearrange the workshop (shed) to accommodate it.

Would it be in line with the forum rules to give details of my previous lathe to forum members before I listed it on Ebay?

MauriceD wrote
Would it be in line with the forum rules to give details of my previous lathe to forum members before I listed it on Ebay?

Here are the current rules Maurice,so take from them what you will.
Though others have made the first posts a for sale and it as been ok-ish.
If you are not sure ask Noel/Charley the current mods for permission.
Noel might reply quicker.

( 5.8 ) Items For Sale
Once established as a member who contributes to the forum, we will allow private individuals to post that are looking to sell or buy an item. The thread must have FOR SALE in the title. As items move quickly within the forum, a member can bump such a thread back up to the top just once.

Members may not promote their own sales that are on other sites such as eBay.

Quick, put a few of your turned pieces up for 'critique' to demonstrate your commitment!
Only kidding, but I thought it was a good excuse to see some more turned goodies. I just love looking at pictures :oops: :lol:

Many people put their old machines up here first; I think it is a good thing to offer other members first shot at a nice deal. I've got a number of things off fellow members :)

Take a look in the sticky index Maurice,under help and safety.
There is a good explaination in their telling you how to post piccys if you need it.

Maurice D":25n55de8 said:
I have ordered a CL3-CAM with the corresponding lathe bench, from Record Power.

Hi Maurice

I recently purchased a CL3 together with the VSLK upgrade - Put in a nutshell - I don't think you will be disappointed! =D> =D>

Rog

Latest posts

Back