A new 'Kity 613'?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodgers

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has ever seen this, but the old style Kity 613 (which has often been recommended as a good used option) is actually still for sale in France in this form:

http://www.kity-rouen.com/en-promo-jusq ... -4538.html

It is basically rebadged by Scheppach, but appears to be using the same components as the old 613 (presumably better than the lighter weight cheaper Basa range).

Expensive though...I assume this is down to the fact the original 613 wasn't cheap. It looks end of line though, as it is on special offer and the ad mentions 'destocking'.

I am seriously weighing this up as they deliver to the UK for about 100 EUR. Expensive also for what is affectively a 12" bandsaw, but if you are getting old school build quality, it might be a good deal.

Anyone had experience of this model?

Why not buy a second hand original? You'll pay about 1/3 of that price.

Mark

The Bear":2vn6oct8 said:
Why not buy a second hand original? You'll pay about 1/3 of that price.

Mark

At the time of writing, after looking for 2 weeks, there are none on eBay. None on preloved etc. There is one in Scotland and it looks rough, and I'd have to travel 4 hours just to look at it.

I'm prepared to pay a bit of a premium for new as well as nothing will need replacing restoring...e..g tyres, capacitors blade guides etc.

Just had an email convo with the Scheppach distributor. Interesting comments about this model.

"This is a re-badged kity 613 bandsaw which imo wasn't the greatest made saw china bestowed on us -but this is the same design but made in a separate factory.
So as always I will get a sample early next month for some severe testing"

Back