A-N membership & insurance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carry book

Reaction score
Do anyone on this forum have experience with A-N PPL insurance are woodturners really covered , I'm just a little confused it seems to good to be true @ £38.00

Carry book,
I’ve looked at a web-site (A-N PPL Artists insurance ) which I presume is the company you mention. The company appears to offer insurance for those engaged in ‘artistic pursuits’ - it mentions, among others, photography, glass making , ceramics, drawing and painting, textiles, jewellery, and ‘crafts’. There is no specific mention of woodworking, let alone woodturning, although it might be included in ‘crafts’.
Policy costs for their ‘standard policies’ seem to be between £98 and £351, depending on the insurance cover. However, even the £351 policy would not be enough to cover most woodturners kit.
They also seem to offer bespoke policies, but those would have to negotiated . God knows what they would charge .
Hope you get it sorted.
D

Carry book,
I’ve looked at a web-site (A-N PPL Artists insurance ) which I presume is the company you mention. The company appears to offer insurance for those engaged in ‘artistic pursuits’ - it mentions, among others, photography, glass making , ceramics, drawing and painting, textiles, jewellery, and ‘crafts’. There is no specific mention of woodworking, let alone woodturning, although it might be included in ‘crafts’.
Policy costs for their ‘standard policies’ seem to be between £98 and £351, depending on the insurance cover. However, even the £351 policy would not be enough to cover most woodturners kit.
They also seem to offer bespoke policies, but those would have to negotiated . God knows what they would charge .
Hope you get it sorted.
D
I was looking at the standard ppl insurance included with membership, don't need tools insurance

Ok. So what aspect of insurance are you looking for? When you asked ‘are woodturners really covered’ , I assumed you were looking for insurance for your tools etc.
If it’s general public liability insurance you’re after,you need to go on Money Super Market etc.
D.

I have used this service for a number of years but like many never had to use it in the event of a problem.

Although targeted to Artists [Kevin are you suggesting Wood related items are not Art?] in the Insurance Key Facts it defines the word Visual or Aplied Art thus

"Visual or applied art’ includes but is not limited to painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, design, digital, moving image, time-based media, sculpture, ceramics, community arts, glassmaking, textiles, jewellery, mixed media, interactive arts, crafts, live art and physical performances."

Wood related Art clearly would fit into the Applied Art catergory.

At £38 it is the best deal you will find.

Back