A Good Bailey No5

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colin C":1acna03i said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EARLY-BAILEY-No-5-PLANE_W0QQitemZ6271179108QQcategoryZ13874QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Sorry I cant help but laught , if some one bids on it there neads shooting :roll: :)
The one I binned cos the concrete floor was harder was in better nick than that :oops: It's that ebay gotahavit thing I suppose :D I've just spotted someone bidding £41 for a second hand Stanley 92 when there is a new "Buy it Now" one for £38 and it's less postage. :?

Early frog, early blade, cap iron, lever cap, screws.. with a better picture I might bid 12.99 but check with the seller if he would post minus the sole to reduce postage cost - then it's possibly a bargain. I would have packaged it as a spares lot. I have sold plane spares on the 'bay for more than the original plane cost me. A busted Record #4SS cost me £4, sold the bits for £20!
What amazes me is how anyone would waste good gas and brazing rod on that!

Not sure what's going on with the frog there - seems to be showing through the sole? Wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't welded the frog in as part of the body to help prevent the thing falling apart... :roll: Bit of a pig in a poke even as spares with that pic, IMO.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":nxjxy6yv said:
Not sure what's going on with the frog there - seems to be showing through the sole? :roll:
Maybe it was the pre-prototype for the LV bench planes.... :wink:

Latest posts

Back