A gift for the Wadkin Temple from Nathan Davies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tool613

Established Member
Reaction score
Its now strikes me why it is called Great Britain.

I must say that the Brits are a people with lots of passion about there machinery history. This I can relate to as some may know. In a resent post hereon the UK forum. I was looking for a trenching head for the Wadkin CC cross cut saws and got all kinds of help from you here. One of the gentleman was Nathan Davies from who had the CC at one time and kept the flip stop fences for that machine. We back channeled for a while as to how we would get this over the pond to the wadkin temple here in Ottawa Canada. The Big fat bar steel 8 feet long plus the cast stops(3 of them) were going to cost a lot to ship. Wadkin heavy and not cheap to ship British lumps of cast. As we were working out a deal Nathan just came out a said how about i just ship it to you jack my cost and just keep doing what you do to save this wonderful kit. My reaction was. :shock: I have meet some very giving people around the world and when it come to the Wadkinites there are no better.

thank you Nathan for your contribution to a dream i hold for the Wadkin Temple. Your gift has enlightened my life and is a rare piece of wadkin kit that is a rare as hens teeth over here. I will enjoy knowing when i get to use this saw were it came from. It came from Wales and its wonderful people.

how kool is this Wadkin stop guys?

jack
English machines

Back