A FRACTIONAL digital vernier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aldel

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I have just done a mini review of a 4 inch vernier from the craftsman gallery which is rather unusual. This vernier (caliper to our American friends) displays in millimetres, decimal inches and in FRACTIONAL inches! I find this very useful indeed. Rather than go over the same ground twice the review can be found here http://www.aldel.co.uk/Reviews7.htm

P1011726.JPG

I look forward to your thoughts.

Cheers, aldel

I am well impressed with that Aldel. Is it available over here do you know or is it just available from the states? I wouldn't mind one of those myself.

Hi Aldel,

Thanks for posting the review. :D That looks just the thing for me, I have three fractional inch dail calipers that I use all the time. :whistle: Just need a UK supplier now as the craftsman gallery web site did not look as they ship to the UK. :?

Good review Aldel. I've got one of those too and I have found it to be quite accurate as well.

FWIW, Lewis is using the same electronic assembly for his new Digital Scales. I've used the Digital Scales to cut dovetails and found the method a huge improvement over making and using the "mark".

I am actually meeting Lewis this morning as he has travelled all the way to Plymouth and so I will be able to provide more information soon.

aldel

Adel

Like that a lot, all we need now is a UK supplier.

If we have to order from the states I'd be willing to order for anyone else that's interested, just let me know, it could save on the postage, customs etc.

Aldel, to be pedantic there is no such thing as digital vernier calipers. Vernier calipers have a vernier scale explained here. The other types are dial calipers and digital calipers. Of course I still call mine digital veriners!!

John

Johnboy,

Yes, I agree 100%.
I did give the description some thought but wanted to cover 'Murrican', British and common parlance in one hit hoping that I may have satisfied all!! Oh well, I believe everyone knows what I am describing! :D

By the way, have you now finally finished your 'Rat dovetail plate mod?

Cheers Aldel

Hi Aldel, still using the mdf one. It work fine so haven't got round to making one in ally. I probably wont bother unless something goes wrong with the mdf version. I have lots of "prototype" jigs that I intended to make properly later but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

John

Back