A few projects from this summer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntec4

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiya all,
I've not been on the forum much over the summer due to various things going on at home. Any spare time has been spent out on the bike whilst the weather was nice.
I have managed to get a few bits done in the workshop, putting up shelves and creating more storage space. I have also started a couple of projects that will get completed over the next few weeks.

Anyway, here goes:-

first up was a sanding station that is made from an old induction motor. My Dad turned the faceplate and a keyed adaptor forthe output shaft.

It's not pretty but it sure works great. The disk is 9".

Secondly is the new Router Table.

I have ordered an NVR switch for it and just got some 40mm waste pipe and fittings to make up the extraction for it.

The mitre gauges are homemade too. One is setup for 45's and the other is set at 90deg.

Next up is a Pocket hole Jig. I wasn't sure if the Kreg type systems would get enough use to justify the cost. So I made up this jig so that I could make the frames up for my next project - A Chest of Drawers.

After building it the frames came together very quickly and the joints are very strong.

The whole thing is American White Ash, obtained from John Boddys.
The drawer fronts are ready for final sizing after the cabinet has been assembled.

Thanks for looking! Welcome to the many new members that have joined us over the past few months.
Lee.

Hi Lee
I'm a new member since you last posted and wonder if you can help please.
I posted a request for some dove cote plans and got directed to your post back in March where you was also looking.
How did you get on with your build?
I understand Dave produced some plans on SU, i've been in contact with Dave and he no longer has a copy, do use still have them.

regards

Andy

Hi Andy,
Welcome to the forum! I have not yet started the full size dovecote, although it will be done this winter using Dave's cool design. I did however build a much smaller prototype to see if the client (Mum) likes the idea. She loves it!
I do of course still have the sketchup file and I'll gladly email it to you/host it if Dave approves :D

Dave - ya got ya ears on!
Lee.

You can see the Jpegs of the prototype and the Sskp file here www.harrisonwoodwork.co.uk

Hi there,Lee - glad to see you've been busy :D . All useful-looking projects,thanks for sharing them with us.

Andrew

Back