A few name plaques..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Just about finished up my orders for now, so i thought i would share a few pics before i have to turn 8 goblets for someone..

Attachments

• amy.jpg
    amy.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 956
  • isla.jpg
    isla.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 956
  • love ya.jpg
    love ya.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 956
Steve.

Good work, with an interesting looking wood.

Coincidence, I am just cutting a ballet related, free standing plaque for an ISLA.

As I don’t think Isla is that common a name.

The one I cut will just be in 6mm Birch ply. :(

Take care.

Chris R.

Jmac80":3o9n9iv9 said:
look very nice :) what wood and thickness is it?

This is oak at 3/4 inch thick, the Isla one is beech at about the same thickness, I sell loads of these from my cabinet at work ..

Not exactly a name plaque, but a wall plaque none the less!
ingball.jpg

I thought of adding coloured foil like yours but could not decide which items to highlight. Still completed some two weeks or more before it's needed. I love it when a client gives plenty of notice. :D

Attachments

• ingball.jpg
    ingball.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 879
You could always paint or glitter the highlights such as the balloons , or just the cake tops, or the wrapped presents, would look lovely..

Are these all your very own designs or borrowed and adapted to suit?

Do you have templates / patterns / fonts etc that you us specifically?

i troll the font sites looking for fonts i think will be good to cut, i make the patterns up in a program called serif pageplus ( free version on their site) although i use x5 for mine.
The patterns are cut down, blown up, widened, shortened pictures from the internet (copyright free) that i adapt to fit what is required by the customer, i have just been asked to have a stall at a gymkhana in 8 weeks time so i will make several horse related ones, stable door hanging ones and a couple painted to show them off.

I would like to do more name plaques have done a few using steve goods font software

I would like to use this type of soft ware but I bit thick when it comes to using it and I end up nearly throwing the laptop through the window

I will have to come over to your gaffe steve as I not far away and you can give me a crash course :lol: :lol: :lol:

mac1012":16bpsjcs said:
I would like to do more name plaques have done a few using steve goods font software

I would like to use this type of soft ware but I bit thick when it comes to using it and I end up nearly throwing the laptop through the window

I will have to come over to your gaffe steve as I not far away and you can give me a crash course :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark, you will be made welcome whenever you wish to call round mate, its not that difficult to do..

I use to travel to New Whittington every week to see a mate there when i use to make dolls house furniture..

Steve ,just been looking at your Facebook page some lovely stuff on there .
Thank you for the pleasure you give with your art .

Nice looking plaques, Steve, and solid wood makes a lot of difference.

ChrisR, Isla isn't all that rare a name. Remember Isla St Clair? and my sister lives on the Isla Wight. :wink: I do believe it's a Scottish name.

Very nice work, Steve.
The addition of the coloured glitter really makes them stand out from the norm too.

martinka":v2ormdie said:
Nice looking plaques, Steve, and solid wood makes a lot of difference.

ChrisR, Isla isn't all that rare a name. Remember Isla St Clair? and my sister lives on the Isla Wight. :wink: I do believe it's a Scottish name.

Martin.

Yes you are correct, I said to my wife about it, and was told the same, I put it down to my sheltered life, showing through. :oops:
I will now write one hundred lines starting with, ISLA. #-o

Take care.

Chris R.

very nice Barry, i cut these out some time ago and painted them with a crackle medium that made them look like cracked snow on them, its a pattern from a great friend of mine , sheila landry bergner ..

Indeed it is Steve, I have several of her designs which I'm working my way through. You're right, she's also a lovely girl too.

Some good work there, a wee bit better than mine, but i am hoping to get some better work now i have a better scroll saw :D

But i'm with mac1012 i would end up destroying my laptop trying to use a program (and i already have Serif, the free version) So i try designing things in paint, very limiting.

What about having a weekly post on how to use just 1 designe feature (any more than 1 and us basic computer folk will explode)

Back