A decent Table Saw Blade? (And what size?)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevekane

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Excell brand Site Saw which Im extreamly pleased with. It came with a cheap 24T TCT blade which now needs replacement.
The handbook just says its a 210mm with a 30mm arbor but a diagram on the Riveing Knife shows a Kerf of 2.6mm and a plate of 1.8mm and I think the R/knife being 2mm, but measuring the riving knife it measures up at 2.2mm. From my limited understanding of these things that sounds okay,,,I think, the R/knife being a little wider than the plate, and a little narrower than the Kerf?
Im looking for moderately priced blade for all round work, I guess in the 24 to 40t range, anyone got any recommendations? (Apart from cleaning the blade!!)
Steve.
3CD1506C-E631-422B-BA3E-CC79067D15D5.jpeg

Hi, I have a Excell brand Site Saw which Im extreamly pleased with. It came with a cheap 24T TCT blade which now needs replacement.
The handbook just says its a 210mm with a 30mm arbor but a diagram on the Riveing Knife shows a Kerf of 2.6mm and a plate of 1.8mm and I think the R/knife being 2mm, but measuring the riving knife it measures up at 2.2mm. From my limited understanding of these things that sounds okay,,,I think, the R/knife being a little wider than the plate, and a little narrower than the Kerf?
Im looking for moderately priced blade for all round work, I guess in the 24 to 40t range, anyone got any recommendations? (Apart from cleaning the blade!!)
Steve.
View attachment 146307

Trend, Rennie, any of the big brands, erabuer etc.
Give us a in depth review on the saw too.

The Saxton blades look very good value and Im pleased with Saxton multi tool blades, the annoying thing with the Saxton site is that you cannot look for 210mm blades, you have to trawl through the whole lot, and they are sprinkled about so that it makes it difficult to compare them or even find them again,,it seems a daft way of doing it.
Steve.

Trend, Rennie, any of the big brands, erabuer etc.
Give us a in depth review on the saw too.
A review of the saw,,,bloody hell,,,Ive never reviewed anything but I will give it a go, give me a day or two to try and put somthing together,,
Steve.

The Saxton blades look very good value and Im pleased with Saxton multi tool blades, the annoying thing with the Saxton site is that you cannot look for 210mm blades, you have to trawl through the whole lot, and they are sprinkled about so that it makes it difficult to compare them or even find them again,,it seems a daft way of doing it.
Steve.
Select 185mm - 216mm and then at the top left 210mm blades.

How strange, I found the options to select 185mm to 216mm, many thanks indeed for pointing that out, its teeny little text at the very bottom of a very long page which I missed, but now I see the screenshot above and despite 4 or 5 visits to the site, thats all completely new to me! Clearly I have to try harder, and may thanks indeed to you both for showing me.
I spoke with their tec dept earlier because they dont quote the plate thickness on the cheaper blades, turned out to be 2mm or more so too wide for my 2mm riveing knife, however the more expensive 40T yellow “Pro” blade has a thin plate, around 1.5mm from memory and suitable kerf, said to be superior quality at £20 which I think inc postage, so not bad at all and is probably what I will order up.
Steve.

Back