A day out for woodworkers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@phil p:

It is, QUOTE: I've been building a child's pedal car based on an MG TC Midget. UNQUOTE: from lines 2 & 3, para 2 above.

AES

AES":396tvjo2 said:
Gents,

Very interesting post & thread follow ups which for some reason I missed when first appearing. Thanks for all the pix posted gents, if I ever get the chance I'd love to visit Morgan and had no idea one can do that (unless you're buying one of their cars I guess). Malvern's a nice part of the world too.

I was particularly interested in this because for the last nearly 2 years now I've been building a child's pedal car based on an MG TC Midget. It's a part-time job only and has taken so long because A) I'm a VERY slow worker; B) I was away overseas on a couple of 2-4 month long projects; and C) I was in hosptial a couple of times.

Although it's not an ash frame/metal panel jobbie like a real car (not like the Morgan), this car is ply and softwood plus some maching and welding, I have been running pix as I go. When (WHEN!! don't hold yer breath) it's finally finished I'll post them up here in the Projects section.

BTW I'm also probably "a bit stange" because I too find manufacturing visits rather interesting. Surprisingly enough there are some to be made here in Switzerland (and I don't just mean chocolate and gold bars!).

Thanks again

AES

That sounds like a lot of fun.

Swiss manufacturing I'd like to visit: there's Victorinox, just over the border, Hilti, a bunch of audio firms (Kudelski as first choice), and loads more. Also, for a few months more, I think, but a distance from you, there's the St. Gothard Base Tunnel (although my wife can't understand that one!

You're surrounded by brilliant engineering.

E.

Back