5 reindeer ready for the north pole

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1012

Established Member
Reaction score
finished these of early this morning as last part of an order, now I have got power and lighting much easier to just get in there in a morning.

although as I get to end of one order another keeps popping up , cutting order list today is

another three reindeer , two large angels each made from one piece of wood a small two piece angel and a small fridge magnet

IMG_0663 (640x480).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0663 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0663 (640x480).jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 933
Looking good mark, do you stack cut the reindeers, I know what you mean about the work never ending, it always seems like I am cutting for someone else, but can't moan..

hi steve yeah you are right we cant moan hey ? no I don't stack cut I could probably do two together at 12mm each but wouldn't want to do three
I never been keen on stack cutting exept for really thin stock where you can be cutting say 5 pieces together as by the time I messed around sticking or pinning two pieces together I could be half way done one plus it would slow cut speed and make turning slower so I don't think I would gain much some may disagree but its my way or the highway :lol:

I tried it once on thicker stock but it was such a faff as couple of double sided tape bits came un stuck when cutting when some kerf got on them and it made the piece vibrate more

I use a number 9 blade so the single cutting is pretty quick

mark

I like those reindeer's very much, what sort of finish have you done on them?

It must be a nice feeling being able to use the saw and be making a bit of cash at the same time. As someone who has never made any money from fret-sawing I am very envious. :)

scrimper":1gbx0wnk said:
I like those reindeer's very much, what sort of finish have you done on them?

It must be a nice feeling being able to use the saw and be making a bit of cash at the same time. As someone who has never made any money from fret-sawing I am very envious. :)

Plus one.

Take care.

Chris R.

thanks for comments guys , chris :eek:ccasion5: and Eugene nice to hear from you hope you are well \:D/

scrimper the material is birch ply and I don't do anything to it apart from sand and put a red nose on and a smile to make them more cute

the pattern is on steve goods site he does a family of three in hard wood but I just picked the male reindeer and adapted it to sell

its a good pattern to practice on as it has a lot of different cuts , sweeping curves tight turns straight lines and corner cuts

but not difficult

mark

I like those reindeer, Mark. Me and the missus don't bother much with Christmas, but I might just make a couple of those, along with an old Hobbies xmas tree pattern I have somewhere.

Martin.

Latest posts

Back