4th Anniversary?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrit

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just realised that we are fast approaching the 4th anniversary of this site (24th August). Any plans for a celebration?

Scrit

I for one, will probably have a couple of beers :wink: . Do you know the exact date?

According to the members list Charley registered himself on 24th August and the first other registered use was James (sawdustalley) on 7th September, 2002. Thereafter a number of us gradually migrated from MSN Groups (UKWoodworking) - some of us even remember the NetZero days...... Anyone heard from James (sawdustalley) recently?

For that matter anyone else remember NetZero (Alf?)

Scrit

George_N":8nw7v8vp said:
I for one, will probably have a couple of beers :wink:

Any old excuse!!! ... suppose I should have a couple too then! :lol:

Scrit":1zdfyp3i said:
For that matter anyone else remember NetZero (Alf?)
CommunityZero? Anyone remember Yahoo Clubs*, the host before the host before that...? That's when I started. :shock: Mind you, I can remember posting when this forum was still a threaded list - it's only the fourth anniversary of the "new" format. :lol:

Hey up, found the announcement here. Reckon we've got a little more time before we hit the beers!

Cheers, Alf

* Yeah, clubs, not groups. Man, do I feel old now...

Yes I was. How long ago was that? I seem to recall there was a lot of Terry Pratchcett stuff in some of the threads back then

Scrit

On no! Not an attack of the DFPs. It'll be pasties at dawn all over again....

Scrit

Scrit":1i11vs92 said:
Anyone heard from James (sawdustalley) recently?

I'm in contact still. He's doing some whizz internet conputer-ery type thing in, I believe Huddersfield.

Here got it.

Wavestreaming was originally formed over 2 years ago by internet radio enthusiast James Mulvany - reselling shoutcast from a single shared server. It has since grown heavily to become one of the leading and most respected streaming media providers for the consumer market, servicing clients from all corners of the world.

As of January 2006, Wavestreaming has become a trading name of Igniso Limited. A business which is located at one of the most innovative clusters of creative and media enterprises in the UK; The Media Centre Huddersfield.

Sounds impressive anyway.

Adam

Alf":3hqqjtyt said:
.......That's when I started. :shock: Mind you, I can remember posting when this forum was still a threaded list - it's only the fourth anniversary of the "new" format. :lol:

:D Who would have ever said that :shock: There has been an old era of UKW,too .. how many posts do you have sent until today around wood, Alf? I think the number is huge, isn't it?

Cheers
Gabriele

Latest posts

Back