400 Wood Boxes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majorlarf

Established Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying This Book as I quite fancy making the box on the front cover.
I was wondering if anyone has the book & what they thought of it?
I have not seen the book to browse through it but will buy off impulse just for the one project.

It's an interesting book but it's not a how-to guide. It's just a collection of photographs - of 400 boxes - so if you just like the box on the front cover then you have all the info you will get from the book.

There are some nice boxes in there.

Brian

I have it and find it a useful visual resource. Personally I often just look at the pictures in furniture (and cookery) books and find my own way of doing something based on the visual inspiration. I can read (honest) but I'm not a great one for following other peoples plans.

I would get the book and use it as a way of firing your inspiration for making boxes - thats what its done for me.

Cheers, Ed

I have a copy of Box Making Basics by Freedman, offers some great tips on design and porportion, has a run through of a number of builds and some great pics.

I used it to pick up some design ideas and construction techniques, rather than building one of their boxes. Good book

I think after reading the posts & looking at further pictures from the google books their was another box that took my fancy so i will be purchasing the book in the near future.

An Australian friend had the book in his library collection and I remember when looking through I would like to buy at the time but had weight/flight restrictions in mind at the time.

Might renew my interest and see if I can get a copy sometime.

EdSutton":bh445u2w said:
I have it and find it a useful visual resource. Personally I often just look at the pictures in furniture (and cookery) books and find my own way of doing something based on the visual inspiration. I can read (honest) but I'm not a great one for following other peoples plans.

I would get the book and use it as a way of firing your inspiration for making boxes - thats what its done for me.

Cheers, Ed

Agree...

I can't recall ever having followed another's plans in my own workshop.
It liberates me from what musicians call 'The Dots' and allows me to improvise.

John
:)

I just opened a new 'tab', and typed Amazon's URL in my browser's nav/bar, to check the box-making books.

I didn't need to search. Amazon opened their page and in front of my eyes, there was a selection of 'box-making' books for my 'edification,

How creepy is 'SEO'? :shock:

I guess the following is 'old-news', but there are some nice boxes there!

http://www.fine-boxes.com/

Back