3 month's of turning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a hint of a communion chalice about it.

Pleasing and functional... a rare combination :wink:

Well executed HT, Unusual lines but obviously suits the task it's made for.

Good finish, was the wood dry or 'green' when turned?

CHJ":3iapq4ew said:
Well executed HT, Unusual lines but obviously suits the task it's made for.

Good finish, was the wood dry or 'green' when turned?

It was green (as always), I turned it to the finished shape, stuffed it with kitchen roll & sat it in the coolest place in the house for a few days.

I then pretty much saturated it with the food safe oil & left it for another few days.

No splitting, but it has taken a hint of discolouration in some areas.

My friend is really chuffed with it & these cost about 30 Euros in the shops - so maybe I could sell them to the shops, or to the other South Americans over here at markets...?

I've also got another order in for candlesticks, but I've only got olive wood that's suitable at the moment.

So, I feel that I'm coming along nicely - nothing too ambitious though - I just wish I could gey some lessons over here, to really bring me on.

PS:

The strange lip on the stem, was an attempt to protect your hand from the heat of the hot water they add to the herb mixture.

By the way the drink has some effect, it's like super strong coffee with added guarana!! :shock: :shock:

I hope the wood can take the prolonged use of the warm water, but he's got another wooden one (unknown south american wood), so I hope it lasts.

PPS: I didn't charge him, he's become a good friend & really helps me with my spanish!

Like it :D

Pleasantly different,finish looks nice - and love the fact it's also functional!

Andrew

A couple of nice looking pieces there. So glad that you aren't going to paint these :lol: be a pity to hide the grain. Nice to hear that the 'chlice' is made to be used, so much of what we make ends up as decoration only unless it is a bowl

Pete

Latest posts

Back