24" cirkular rip saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More progress:

Attachments

• klyvsåg27.JPG
    klyvsåg27.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 104
I have had some backlashes with my health lately but now I am back on track towards a better future.

Today I finally got around to test asemble the whole guard mechanism. I have had to remake the guard itself because of an error in my planning but now everything seems to work.
klyvsåg29.JPG

The tractor and front loader is a great helper when doing this kind of work with a bad back.

Attachments

• klyvsåg29.JPG
    klyvsåg29.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 87
Awesome. That's going to be one serious piece of kit when it's finished! Saw blades for it won't be cheap though!

I though this thead had been lost but now I found it so I can add a picture of the saw all painted. It is still waiting for the electric wiring and a blade.

Attachments

• klyvsåg37.JPG
    klyvsåg37.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 40
  • klyvsåg39.JPG
    klyvsåg39.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 40
just seen this and WOW what a beast

just done a bit of looking and each blade is £200!

what is the blade bore out of interest

If I remember correctly the bore should be 38mm or something like that. A local machinist can easily mill a larger bore in any sawblade so the bore should not be a problem.
At the moment the saw is still not in use. I haven't had budget enough for blades and electrical wiring. All loose money has gone into machines and tools that are higher on the priority list. Spindle moulder and stroke sander and drill press and router table and bench grinder and plenty of cramps.

It also seems I must shift to a slightly smaller motor. I was missinformed then and did not know that the largest motor I can start and run on 16 ampere 400 volt three phase is 5,5 or 6 kW. 7,5 kW is too large for the fuses.

Latest posts

Back