20" turkey platter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyturner

Established Member
Reaction score
I won a 21" x 41" x 2 1/2" beech board on ebay for £25 so I made a turkey platter for our son and his wife to go on the Christmas dinner table you never know I may get my dinner on it LOL it ended up being 20" x 1 1/2" I had to change my original design because there was a rotten bit 1 1/2" in from the edge but I'm happy with the finished item and they love it

The under side is much the same as the trio of platters

Attachments

• DSCF0720 (2).JPG
    DSCF0720 (2).JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,130
  • DSCF0716 (2).JPG
    DSCF0716 (2).JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,130
  • DSCF0713 (2).JPG
    DSCF0713 (2).JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,130
  • DSCF0701 (2).JPG
    DSCF0701 (2).JPG
    131 KB · Views: 1,130
You can't have too many mince pies Steve :wink:

Looks good Woody, not surprised they are really pleased, will be a family heirloom for years to come I'm sure :)

Cheers, Paul

woodyturner":invetyyg said:
henton49er":invetyyg said:
That looks really good, Woody. Do we get a photo with the turkey on it in a couple of weeks?
LOL I will see what I can do
Lets hope the Turkey not as big as your Belly woody or you never get it on the plate :lol: :lol: A very Nice Piece of Work Fine craftmanship worthy of gracing anybodys table well done mate see you after christmas =D> =D> =D> =D>
regards
Bill

EnErY":1aox968h said:
woodyturner":1aox968h said:
henton49er":1aox968h said:
That looks really good, Woody. Do we get a photo with the turkey on it in a couple of weeks?
LOL I will see what I can do
Lets hope the Turkey not as big as your Belly woody or you never get it on the plate :lol: :lol: A very Nice Piece of Work Fine craftmanship worthy of gracing anybodys table well done mate see you after christmas =D> =D> =D> =D>
regards
Bill

Bill - I reckon he looks about average size for a woodturner. That is of course unless you know differently ..... :ho2

Back