2 questions in one post

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKTony

Established Member
Reaction score
Turning Green Wood - O'Donnell

Finally got my hands on a well priced copy of the book via Ebay (less than a fiver), looks fantastic has anyone got the video and if so is that also worth investing in ie whats on it?

Electric Chainsaw

My Sandvik has been useful but my arms are starting to hurt is it wise to buy 2nd hand, if not which one i was looking at Axminster or a DIY shed

Many thanks

Got the book but not seen the video so can't help you there.

Is the chain sharp? they need touching up regularly with a suitable file and rest or you can send them to be re-ground. My electric one is a 16" Ryobi and it cuts as well as my 16" petrol Tenaka but is not as powerful as my 24" Husquvarna. Tend to use it when I want to do a bit of turning on a Sunday morning so as not to wake the neighbours up :lol:

Jason

most electic chainsaws are designed for nothing more than lopping of the over hanging branches of the next door nieghbours leylandii but can do much more.
just like your chisels if in doubt sharpen.
at the moment my only day of work is a sunday so to keep the nieghbours sweet i use my old dolmar electric saw and yes my arms hurt but on a saturday out comes the husqy and and its like a knife through butter.
even with an electric saw keep the chain sharp and turn the bar over as it may wear on one side more than the other.
put the dogs in an pull

Back