1965 Halfords Catalogue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely! Call it nostalgia or call it social history, there's a lot of information in an old catalogue.
The motor accessories shop has all but disappeared - there's just nothing to add to most modern cars.

It was only in the 80s - which I don't think of as very long ago - that I wanted to fit a radio in my Ford Fiesta.
There was nowhere for it to go, but I could buy a sort of vinyl covered plywood box which screwed on between the dashboard and the gearshift, to provide a mounting slot. Happy days!

We had the Sun Queen Tent! (Or summat similar). Some of my best childhood holiday memories were camping in that. My old fella didn't stretch to a Halfords roofrack. He got the metalwork teacher at his school to weld one up. I still remember wrapping the suitcases and that in plastic sheeting and helping my old man tie it all down to the Morris Marina with it's flappy handles and love of breaking down every 32 miles. Manchester Hitch. I can still tie it to this day. Magical days.

Didn't realise that you could get a door bell for the car, just as well they sold extension sockets too :)

I like the K I Car Bin (w. sand weighted flaps) and it would prove very useful in my car.

also thanks for the link to pistonheads - I haven't looked there for years and had forgotten how amusing it could be!

nabsI haven't looked there for years and had forgotten how amusing it could be![/quote said:
Same here. I remember a rather hilarious thread about the Welsh spelling of Ambulance.

Back