UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kernow

Reaction score
Hello

I'm interested in buying the 10" table saw in the link below.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-ax ... rod832683/

I would like to use it in my garage but have no 16 amp sockets. (3 prong blue)

Does anyone know roughly how much an electrician would charge to fit a 16 amp socket? The electricity supply comes in through the garage with the fuse box on the wall.

Thanks

I dont know how much it would be for an electrician to do the work, but I have done it myself in my workshop. Its just a matter of getting suitable cable and wiring it into a spare breaker in the consumer unit (fuse box). I suppose an electrican would want something like £130 at a guess
Mark

I used to own one of these and ran it exclusively from a 13amp plug top. Never had a problem in my garage.

I do now have 16amp blue circuits fitted as I upgraded. You may be OK, give it a try!

I have that saw it works fine from a 13 amp socket it has never tripped the fuse even with the dust extractor running.

It's a great saw very powerfull

Try it on a 13A standard plug, the worst that can happen is it blows the fuse but chances are it'll be fine.

Like already mentioned a 13 amp plug will work. I used it for awhile on a bench I had, only problem was when cutting something thick it would blow the fuse.

Back