16 AMP Upgrade...Completed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like he's done a good job Pete :D
Nice and neat and from what you've said pretty quick as well.
He's one of the guys you make a note of for future reference.
Nice when it's all done properly =D>

n0legs":24s6epux said:
Looks like he's done a good job Pete :D
Nice and neat and from what you've said pretty quick as well.
He's one of the guys you make a note of for future reference.
Nice when it's all done properly =D>

I've certainly kept his details :D and now the in-laws want him to sort this out.

I found this chap on mybuilder, never used this site before. I sent an invite to a local lad who never replied,
but five others did. Mark came round three times in total, Saturday to have a look, did all the work Monday,
and was here at 8 am yesterday to test everything and write the certificate.

Blimey, what happened there? Looks like a dyslexic sparky numbered those MCB's (no offence meant to anyone dyslexic by the way).

I'd be a bit worried about the old black box, where #5 should be, looks like there's some exposed material there which could be live! eek!

They only moved in a few weeks ago and have been finding live bare wires all over the house. They had an electrician out last week but I'm not sure
how far through the front door he got as his opening line was, "Don't ask me to sign it off, as I don't do it"... The father-in-law was trying to tidy things
up yesterday with cable ties, but really needs the work doing quite soon.

That brings back memories when I worked for the EEB as an I & M inspector, Monday morning job "Test and Connect" after Hubby had done his DIY weekend rewire...

Just a note, I would be inclined to fit a socket with an integrated Isolator switch.

PeteG":ebge4aw1 said:

Bliss absolute bliss 8)
Three phase supply by the looks of it =P~
I can imagine it now, three phase machines, all wired in and without a phase converter in sight. No worries, electric heaven, lush :lol:

Wizard9999":2cpserl3 said:
Glad to hear all went well Pete. So when do we get to see the new toy? :D

Terry.

Here you go Terry :D I'm really really pleased with it so far, took me a few minutes to work out how to set the fence to 90,
but there is a small bolt under the locking knobs for the fence. These were factory set for 90 ish, once you have re-set them
you don't need to touch them again. The trickiest part was attaching the digital readout, laying on the floor whilst trying
to get your arm around the workings inside the cabinet with an Allen key. Everything works just perfect so far, and it's
so much easier switching from planer to thicknesser compared to the Record.

n0legs":2cpserl3 said:
PeteG":2cpserl3 said:

Bliss absolute bliss 8)
Three phase supply by the looks of it =P~
I can imagine it now, three phase machines, all wired in and without a phase converter in sight. No worries, electric heaven, lush :lol:

Isn't funny n0legs that what is a headache to one man is another mans dream :D I wouldn't have known if it was three phrase.

Back