15mm mitre slot bar.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoffy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Rutlands tenoning jig, the problem is it comes with a 3/4 inch mitre slot bar but my table saw is made for a 15mm one. I suppose I could make one from aluminium, but if I could buy one ready made it might save me some time, anyone have any ideas?

Probably can't buy one but if you look carefully at metric and imperial sizes available, there is only a gnats to remove with a file in width and depth. eBay is a good source for small quantities. 5/8 x 1/4 or 3/8 or 15mm x 5/6/8mm should be something like.

Aluminium or hardwood would do just as well- you are unlikely to wear them out with anything less than extreme use! Ignore T parts of the mitre slot.

Thank you both for your answers and help. What I have decided to do is to order a new mitre guage bar for my table saw, then drill and tap it to fit the tenoning jig. The saw came from Charnwoods and they seem pretty helpful so I have high hopes of them being able to supply me with one. If not I have some Aluminium the right thickness which I can cut to width on my bandsaw and just touch up with a file. I must admit that I like the little washer on the end that fits in the T slot, I could probably make one of them too if I need to.
I notice by my name at the side it sais I have not thanked anyone, but I am sure I have. - is there a special way of doing this?

Scoffy":1pcrqsqn said:
Thank you both for your answers and help. What I have decided to do is to order a new mitre guage bar for my table saw, then drill and tap it to fit the tenoning jig. The saw came from Charnwoods and they seem pretty helpful so I have high hopes of them being able to supply me with one. If not I have some Aluminium the right thickness which I can cut to width on my bandsaw and just touch up with a file. I must admit that I like the little washer on the end that fits in the T slot, I could probably make one of them too if I need to.
I notice by my name at the side it sais I have not thanked anyone, but I am sure I have. - is there a special way of doing this?
The thanks is done by just clicking on the thumbs up lower right hand side of the comment. Be careful not to click on the report button though :lol:

Latest posts

Back