125mm or 150mm ROS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andys wood shed

Established Member
Reaction score
Need to purchase a new ROS and would like to place the order tomorrow (so it is delivered for the weekend :) )

My dilemma is 125mm or 150mm :?

Been to a local shop today and looked at both sizes and still can't make my mind up which one

Has one size got any advantages over the other

Off down the work shop now for some therapy so hopefully someone will offer some advice to help me make my mind up

Andy

Whatever size you can get the sanding disks for - I usually go for the one where I can easily pick up disks locally and at low cost

I like my 150mm a lot and it saves a lot of time in the sanding phase - but as was stated make sure you can get the dics - I bulk order them so always had lots in stock

The bigger diameter machines work faster and so are a bonus if you make a living at it - if not the smaller ones are cheaper and the discs cost less, especially iof you only buy in tens

Scrit

Thanks for your help guys

So a 150mm is quicker on large areas but may be a hinderance on small or delicate work but is a 125mm capable of sanding larger areas at the expense of time

Andy

Andy

For what it's worth, i've got a 150mm and use it on narrow delicate stuff without too much of a problem, but then I don't do loads of delicate stuff, so maybe it's not a fair comparison, but I think having the extra capacity to sand large surfaces out weighs the slightly larger size of the tool.

Go for the 125mm - easier and cheaper to get discs, a lot easier to manoeuvre, less tiring on long sanding sessions and, if the need arises, easier to use on vertical services. The 150mm size will remove material quicker (maybe 20% quicker) but for me that's not an issue.

Latest posts

Back