UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMGP3937_zpsp8vsoc4h.jpg

I got the bearing from Simply Bearings but any good bearing factor should sell them.

Some more details here:

record-bs300e-upgrades-t54641-45.html

Woodpig

Just looked at my bandsaw - a yellow peril from Axminster.
It looks like all I need to do is get the bearing and an piece of 6-8mm bar as an axle and make some spacers to hold the bearing central on the axle.

Thanks

Brian

Hi

I am thinking to buy this pegas band saw. I know it is expensive. But i am making a lot of puzzle from oak 20 mm thick
What do you think is it worth investment will i return the money with it.

Here is movie but it is in german language but picture is picture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqpgHkqwljo

Brian

I do not sell them more than 20-30 pcs.
But there is no feed back regarding this band saw.
My main consider is as you wrote operation cost and speed of cutting.

i check and with band saw you receive :
Roller guide (2 pieces) with two guiding grooves. Suited for fine-cutting saw blades No. 9 / 12 (Nr. 716066 / 716068)
2 saw blades (respectively 1x No. 9 and No. 12)

Sorry i will write in eur price

Than i cut al so with nr 5 and you have to buy
Roller guide 2 pcs is 87 eur and blade 24 eur
That is a lot now the band saw is not 1200 eur but 1311 eur

You know if for the cutting i spend less time that means cheaper product. But if the operation cost are to high
than i do not see any advance in this band saw. My be that you can cut 15 cm thick wood but in general
you can cut 7 cm oak with hegner scroll saw but we sll know it is not easy and fast.

i have at home Hegner scroll saw. But i have 2 project which i cut 20 pcs 3 days. a have to change a lot of blades but they are cheap
If i have this band saw and if it saw faster than scroll saw there is a good things that i buy it.

Back