£50 for a empty plastic box !!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of the Rolex watch syndrome, £2000 London or £2.50p in Shanghai, both tell the time.

But for how long and how accurately :shock:

To a certain point quality and functionality is worth paying for. Above that point it becomes status or paying for a name to a certain extent. Where that point is will be different for everyone. A mini and a mercedes will both get you from A to B but in different levels of comfort. Whether that comfort level is worth the price is a personal decision. With the festool box, yes £50 is expensive for a plastic box. But if you are a site joiner and need to sling it in the van every day then the fact that it protects your tools is worth paying for, the fact the systainers clip together to further protect tools is a bonus, the fact a clipped stack can serve as a temporary workbench is a bonus and so on. Paying £50 to protect an expensive tool is suddenly not such a bad idea.

Steve

I recognise that box!

That is a standard South African ammo box, and is sold in all hardware shops and outdoor/ camping shops in South Africa for the equivalent of about £8. There is a high-lid version too.

Perhaps if people think these are worth £47 I ought to import a container full!!!

Mike

There is a site that sells them without the festool branding and they are slightly cheaper. Personally I find the boxes a nuisance, fine if you're travelling about but rubbish if you've got a small workshop.

Blister":3o2c8ds0 said:

Have you never seen one before then ?

Thats a cheap one they do even more empty ones for even more money :lol: :lol: :lol:

All jokes a side systainers are a great invention and a lot more companies are going over to using them Bosch,Makita even Dewalt have some. I like the fact that they can be stacked up and locked together so when you go into a customers house you can wheel in must of your gear really quickly rather than struggling carrying lots of different shapped boxes.

Forgot to say if you keep your eye out there are bargains too, I just bought 3 size 1 Metaboxes which are the same but in the green/red Metabo colours and they were only £15 each as opposed to about £30 for Festool ones.

chippy1970":1uk476v2 said:
All jokes a side systainers are a great invention and a lot more companies are going over to using them Bosch, Makita even Dewalt have some. I like the fact that they can be stacked up and locked together so when you go into a customers house you can wheel in must of your gear really quickly rather than struggling carrying lots of different shapped boxes.

Hear, hear! £50 may seem a lot, but when you need to make 3 or 4 extra journeys to and from the van because you are only able to carry 2 or 3 tool boxes each trip that £50 a box soon starts to make sense, especially as Systainers have a long life (some of mine are well over 10 years old). If you think that £50 is expensive, then you're going to be equally unimpressed by the £130 odd that the "golf cart" costs:

______________108008.jpg

Back