Posting tools to Russia

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneggysteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Having a bit of a clear out and have put some small items on E Bay (e.g. spoke shaves).

I have had 3 requests to send to Russia even though I have stated post UK only. I have no intention in sending them to Russia but has anyone had this response to any sale items and what are the pitfalls of sending if any.

Steve

Not worth the hassle... 99% that it isn't a scam, but still the huge postage costs and worrying whatever it will arrive is simply not worth it..

I sent some expensive speaker drivers to Russia with no problems.
Couldn't get the eBay international delivery to work so sent them myself insured at the buyers cost.

Rod

Take a cheque from them for the full cost of shipping and insurance and the parts.
cash it.
wait a week.
Then post it. Do NOT exchange any kind of payment details, not even your paypal address.
I spect theyll back out.

Over the years I've sold many items to Russia using PayPal for payment and Royal Mail tracked shipment.
No problems at all.

My wife's Russian, bought her off the internet no worries! Sorry couldn't resist. She is actually Russian and we buy and sell back and forth all the time, the Russians have a big internet market culture. Use PayPal and that'll offer all the protection you need against scammers.

F.

Sold quite a few tools to Russia via e bay and the global postal system cost is your postage to Derbyshire e bay handle the rest with the client. This assumes that whatever you`re selling is acceptable on the global postal system. With regard to people messing about never had a problem with Russia certainly not like I`ve had with some buyers and sellers on here.
all the best
rob

Back