Lowdown on Woodworking Shows

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience of the Midlands Woodworking Show, held at the Newark Showground? It's a venue I'm familiar with but can't imagine the exhibitors wanting to set up outdoors in March when the risk of wet weather is still high. Do they erect a number of marquees or is it dotted around some of the buildings onsite?

Also, I've read many times that Record Power have special show prices and wondered if it was only them or are there bargains to be had throughout the show?

Newark is good. Not huge, but good, and I think it is bigger now than when I last went, a few years ago now.

It's all indoors.

You might get some "Show Offers", but don't expect miracles, I don't think margins are that great to start with and it is not cheap to exhibit.

I thought we might try Zizzi's afterwards, only ever been past though. anyone any idea if it's any good?

the show was ok the last time that I went (3 years ago). I think that it has got bigger since, but it was entertainment for half a day.

Zizzis was nice, but I have only been once to the Newark one and it was even longer ago. you can't go too far wrong with Italian.

Back