East Midlands Woodworking Show 2014

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That must be virtually on your doorstep, Steve. It's even within travelling distance of my parents' house in Matlock Bath, might have to nip over in March - I haven't been to a woodworking show in years.

If I have any of my birthday money left I will pop along.

It is nice to have a local one!

Pete

Yes, fair enough :)
But actually it's not a bad venue for a lot of people. Only just off the A1 and only half an hour off the M1.
I might operate a B&B for a day or two :)
S

Jacob, you could have made your point without without being offensive to every woodworking supplier.
Enjoy your day, however you spend it.
S

Steve Maskery":mmzlahn5 said:
Jacob, you could have made your point without without being offensive to every woodworking supplier.
Enjoy your day, however you spend it.
S
+1 no one is forcing you to go jacob, even the suppliers have to PAY for the privilege of having a stand to show off their wares, and the show ground needs to make many or go under the same as all venues.

Even I don't have that luxury just yet (well I have the room but not the facility). I was thinking more of a sleeping bag in the spare room amongst the piles of unpacked boxes...
S

Steve Maskery":2zaykm9g said:
Even I don't have that luxury just yet (well I have the room but not the facility). I was thinking more of a sleeping bag in the spare room amongst the piles of unpacked boxes...
S
Think I am getting a bit old for that (hammer)

cedarwood":1etee2h5 said:
.......no one is forcing you to go jacob, even the suppliers have to PAY for the privilege of having a stand to show off their wares, ...
And so they should. It's a selling event, not a performance.

Jacob":2ejqaekp said:
cedarwood":2ejqaekp said:
.......no one is forcing you to go jacob, even the suppliers have to PAY for the privilege of having a stand to show off their wares, ...
And so they should. It's a selling event, not a performance.
Since there will be many demonstrators there showing people their skills it is also a performance as well as a selling event and there are bargains to be had compared to normal retail prices. As far as I am aware all "shows" charge an entry fee and the fee for this one is very low compared to car, caravan or motor shows.

Back