SIP 01332 10" Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently I was given the opportunity to set up a new workshop. After a few sleepless nights pondering the dilemma whether or not to get a new table saw, I succumbed.

My budget was small and so were my options. The Perform CC10BSB or the SIP 01332. Having realised that they are essentially the same, I chose the SIP. partly because i don't need a sliding table and partly because my local machine shop had one in stock.

Luckily I have a transit van, so I managed to get it home without needing new shockers.

The table came in a wooden crate with nothing missing. Assembly was straight forward even though the instruction manual contained no instructions. Assembly took about an hour and a half. Here it is in all its glory.

SIP%2001.JPG

First thing to notice is a few imperfections in the cast iron surface. Nothing that will affect the accuracy of a cut, but a little annoying. But, who can argue when I got change from £500.

The saw has a 3hp induction motor, giving plenty of power and no burst eardrums. It should be powerful enough for even the hardest of hard hardwoods. The blade supplied is satisfactory. It has given a perfectly acceptable clean cut on everything I have put through it so far. The maximum cut at 90 degrees is 75mm and at 45 degrees, 53mm.

The fence is a much better than I was expecting. With absolutely no adjustments at all, it sits perfectly parallel to the mitre slots and the blade. When locked i position it cannot be budged. It also has a fine adjustment to aid accuracy.

SIP%2002.JPG

As far as build quality goes, everything is solid and heavy. The wheels feel substantial and make height and angle adjustments smooth and accurate.

The one thing that lets the saw down is the mitre gauge. The bar is loose in the slot, The stops at 90 and 45 degrees can be adjusted to be accurate, but I wouldn't trust it for an angles that don't have stops. I will get an incra mitre gauge to replace it.

Overall, I would say that this saw is an absolute bargain. If you are like me and you are on a small budget, I would definately recommend it. I would even recommend it if you are not on a small budget!

My verdict 9/10 !!

Nice one :D I almost succumbed to one of these with a little arm twisting from a certain Mod here (eh T). But I did not have the room.

Good review though

Bean

Yes everything was the same with me when I bought mine, even down to the imperfections in the cast iron surface. I modified the mitre by changing the 3/4" guide bar to a machined bronze 3/4" bar that fits the slot exactly. Yes the fence is a peach.

Thanks for the review - I'm constantly thinking about a new saw but budget is a bit tight as is space at the moment!

One question: what is the maximum distance you can set the fence from the blade for rip cuts?

Les

Les Mahon":3vk7624p said:
Thanks for the review - I'm constantly thinking about a new saw but budget is a bit tight as is space at the moment!

One question: what is the maximum distance you can set the fence from the blade for rip cuts?

Les

The measure goes out to 23" to the left of the blade and 25" to the right. But you can get another inch wider both sides getting 24" and 26" but it's off the measure.

Nice review slim. Good to hear that the saw is a good one as I suspected. I felt, after looking around it, that it would be £500 well spent.

Slim

Nice review, got one myself last year. Fitted a freud blade after a while cuts pefectly especially for thin veneer cuts. Did you get the short "flat" fence with yours.

You will not be disappointed. :D :D :D

Les

I've had one nearly a year now and it's been great, no complaints about it at all.
I cut through some purpleheart last week thats was a little over 2" thick with ease.
I didn't get the auxiliary fence with mine which riles a little.
I upgraded the mitre fence to an Osborne which is also lovely to use.
Thanks for the review, Slimjim.
For the price it's a great bargain.
Stewart

Les Mahon":lwnn3evq said:

Les

I have now movedthe rails for the fence further to the right now, as I don't think I will ever need to rip 23" on the left of the blade. This gives me much mor capacity on the right (about 34"). I have ordered som self adhesive measuring tape to account for the extra length.

Stewart, do you think the osbourne is a worthwhile investment. Its the price that puts me off.

The Osborne is certainly a huge improvement on the SIP mitre gauge. I try not to think about the price! When I bought it the exchange rate was much better than now (I think).
But it would cost less to replace the bar as Lord Nibbo suggests adn you could add an auxiliary fence for longer support.
There are other forum members who use it so they might have some comments to offer. You might find some more info from a search of the forum.
Anyway, it's certainly a very nice saw for the money.
There is now a sliding table attachment, about £250, but I haven't seen it in the flesh yet - and it wouldn't really fit in my garage either.

Enjoy using your new saw.

Cheers
Stewart

Thanks for the comments guys.

Les, Yes I did get the short fence.

I have also just purchased the Fox F22-567 Jointer, and the JET JWP-12 Thicknesser. I will post reviews for these soon.

Cheers

Great review Slim, thanks for being so prompt as it was me who asked for it! :D
Looks and sounds the beezkneez. Eventually I would love a new saw as I don't know how long I can stand the brush motor on my cheapy Clarke 10" jobby! Even with my radio ear defenders!!
Fancy the idea of CI too.

Question : I have a workshop that is only 6 1/2 feet wide. Could this be a problem for working around if I (eventually) go for one ie. what is the width/depth of the table and how much room to the left do you recommend for safe working?

Thanks again

Gary

hi gary,

My workshop is 9 1/2 ft, and I manage to have my jointer along side the table saw. I think 6 1/2 ft would be ok. I will measure up tomorrow when I am at my workshop. Can't do it now as it is 5 miles away.

I agree with all this: it's a brilliant saw and you'd probably have to spend a LOT more money to get anything significantly better. I managed to get mine second hand for £300. The drive belt hadn't ever been properly tightened and was pretty shredded. It's a standard item from the auto factors and I got a new one for under a fiver. My only niggle is the dust extraction: mine is attached to a beckum mobile extractor but the design of the saw cabinet with openings at the bottom means that there is always a build up of dust etc under the saw. Also with the standard blade table insert, small offcuts get into the lower blade housing which needs clearing out every few days. I ought to make another insert with a smaller clearance but haven't got round to it yet. Anyone got a better answer to the dust build up: mine is to get under the saw with a brush every few days but there must be an easier way?

I have had the experience of other saws but not your model, is it possible to undo a side panel to gain entry?
In my workshop I use a dustblower (instead of the vacumn end) and blow dust away from under my equipment when the neighbours are at work. :wink:
Also another welcome from JJ.

thanks everyone. You can undo the side panels on the saw but it involves removing 6 machine screws for each one whllst crouching under the table extensions. The dust blower sounds a good idea: I'll try blowing it from under the saw with the air line: might also work for the bits that get into the guard below the blade. Bill

billd,
I did once consider cutting an aperture out of one of the side panels and then screwing a hatch cover over. Glad I didn't because I returned the saw as a guarantee claim.

Hi,

I am considering one of these saws as they look to be good value.
Could someone tell me if the 3/4" mitre slots are also 3/8" deep?, and therefore capable of accepting an Incra mitre gauge.
The slots on my little Startrite 165 are 3/4" x only 1/4" deep :(

Does anyone find the right-tilting blade (toward the fence) a problem.. or is this something you just get used to?

Anyone know who sells the sliding table, which I assume is a retrofit item?

What about spare parts availability, or is this too much to hope for on such a budget saw.

Latest posts

Back