Scheppach Precisa 3.0 saw bench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBertie

Reaction score
I am looking for a new 10" table saw for a very small workshop. The Scheppach Precisa 3 has caught my eye because it looks as if the extending tables hinge down when not in use and so not only make the Saw smaller but ease storage as they don't need removing.

But more importantly, has anyone any experience of one of these? There are plenty of other 10" saws that are quite a bit cheaper....so is this a good quality and accurate bit of kit? As it happens, my existing Saw is a 20 year old 8" Scheppach saw. I believe that was made in Germany. From what I can see, the Precisa is made in China for Scheppach...is that equipment as good as the old stuff?

Many thanks

In the absence of any other reply I can offer you an ill-informed opinion pending a competent response.

I have never owned any Sheppach equipement and I've never owned a table saw, so my expertise is clear :)

My opinion is that new stuff aint anywhere near as good as old stuff and brands get compromised by new owners. Generalisation ? Yes !

Only way to tell ..go find one and try. Either at a local retailer or maybe someone on here who has one.

Relative value to other similar new machines? ...I dunno ...I'd buy old ..but other folk may know more.

Another question that may be relevant ...whats wrong with your old one? ..is it simply a capacity issue ? if so, can that be managed?

good luck :)

The Scheppach Precisa 3

is 280mm x 40TCT saw blade -- bigger by far than 10 inch

Yes you're right, it is a 280mm blade. It's not so much the 280 or 10", it's the cut under the crown guard that's important to me. My existing TS2000 is a 200mm blade machine. Trouble is that with the crown guard in place, the maximum thickness of timber it will cut is 43mm. Obviously more if I take the guard off but I don't want to really (safety, dust). That compares with the Precisa 3 which cuts up to 90mm thickness with the guard in place. Of course if I use a 10" blade it'll be a bit less but whichever way I look at it, that sort of increase in cutting thickness is very desirable.

BB, have you decided a T/saw yet ?
I am mesmerised by the similarity of what is on offer
This Axy looks to give good thickness ability with the guard still attached
The SIP looks almost a twin #-o different bore on the blade I notice but surely an almost identical design to Axy

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

You are so right...! I must admit that I found the selection process quite difficult to start with ...especially as most if not all of these saws seem to be made in China...possibly by the same factory! I am 'of an age' and have some appreciation of more established better quality brands...or thought I did...but for example my current Scheppach Saw which I bought 20 years ago was made in Germany at that time and I have had the experience of that German skill base (mainly good, not all though)...so should I still trust the brand now that it's made in China? And if one machine costs say £700 whilst another apparently pretty similar costs say £1400 with relatively little difference, then what should I take from that? Hopefully better and more consistent inherent quality and quality control...?
After initial confusion, what I'm trying to do is focus on specific items that make a difference in my situation. For instance, on the two machines you show...and Charnwood I think...the fence clamping rail is a single long section..may in cases support the table extensions as well. So making the Saw smaller or larger at will is not so easy...and in fact may not be wholly practical. That contrasts with the Scheppach where the rear table extension folds down as the fence rail is in two sections. To me that is a significant difference...although to someone else with more space, maybe not. It's why the feedback and experience of other people can be so helpful. Some of these manufacturers (including Scheppach) are pretty poor with product information, lack of online manuals etc....they seem to forget that we're spending a lot of money and want that info to make an informed decision! Hang on, I need to lay down in a dark room!

This looks the business, quite heavy

Available in USA under varying names and gets good reports

Not far from my home so I asked could I look at one
They only had them boxed and waiting to be shipped, offered to open one for me to look but I don't fancy disturbing someone else's machine
All prices are subject to VAT
Some comment here

https://***********************/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/h/w/hw110lge-30..jpg

....meanwhile I manage quite well in my garage with Dewalt 745

Wow, that's a chunky beast! That'll give me something to research whilst the family watches yet another talent contest tonight! It'll be interesting to see if that fence rail is one piece or whether it is in sections. There's me fretting about moving 160kg of Scheppach machine...that one is 268kg! Thanks for the thought!
BB

A bit concerning that on their web site the only customer feedback alludes to buying a stand with it, obviously the feedback is for a different saw, concerned that they used it for this saw, therefore misleading, or conversely they don't check their web site well enough, what else don't they check.

Mike

As mentioned on another thread, the Woodford tools import may not be CE approved, in a commercial environment this would be a major insurance issue.

Cordy":1m7u0y2z said:
Have you seen the price of this Charnwood 650
£597.00 FREE UK delivery

The price looks almost too good to be true

It looks like the Axminster TS250 Mk 1 certainly the fence is very similar to the Mk 1 and the sliding table looks very similar to that supplied with the Mk 1 & 2: http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-ho ... w-ax943888, but certainly the price is attractive, would love to see inside it to see how similar it is.

Mike

Back