Rexon bs10sa/ka Band Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodySteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone Know if a Rexon bs10sa/ka Band Saw is any good or rubbish ?
i need a decent bandsaw to cut my bowl blanks would this do the job or not?

Thanks
steve

Attachments

• 1459940_10200407892954643_828728380_n.jpg
    1459940_10200407892954643_828728380_n.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 11,204
Depends on the size of your bowl blanks ! :)

I've had one for years, initially as my first bandsaw and then later upgraded to a big startrite but kept the rexon too.

I use the startrite for deep ripping and larger timbers but keep a 1/4" or 3/8" 6tpi blade in the rexon for smaller stuff and also for cutting smaller rounds for turning where the narrower blade can cut smaller diameter circles.

I think they are decent machines and very useful, and unlikely to find anything more effective at the size, but it obviously isn't designed to do deep rip cuts in large timbers all day.

Just to mention that a decent blade is essential too of course, I use Tuffsaws blades normally, but made the mistake recently of picking up one of the Axminster blades for the Rexon as I was in the shop and only wanted the one, but it cuts very poorly by comparison to the ones I normally get from Tuffsaws, totally changes how effective the machine is and what it can be used for.

Cheers, Paul

paulm":30rlhxgq said:
Depends on the size of your bowl blanks ! :)

I've had one for years, initially as my first bandsaw and then later upgraded to a big startrite but kept the rexon too.

I use the startrite for deep ripping and larger timbers but keep a 1/4" or 3/8" 6tpi blade in the rexon for smaller stuff and also for cutting smaller rounds for turning where the narrower blade can cut smaller diameter circles.

I think they are decent machines and very useful, and unlikely to find anything more effective at the size, but it obviously isn't designed to do deep rip cuts in large timbers all day.

Just to mention that a decent blade is essential too of course, I use Tuffsaws blades normally, but made the mistake recently of picking up one of the Axminster blades for the Rexon as I was in the shop and only wanted the one, but it cuts very poorly by comparison to the ones I normally get from Tuffsaws, totally changes how effective the machine is and what it can be used for.

Cheers, Paul

Thanks for the advice, i am picking up the Rexon bs10sa/ka tonight, i see it forsale on facebook one of the selling sites in my area and for £45 with spare blades i thought i would buy it. its got to be better than the one i have got in my shed a Performance Power 350w. Thanks Paul im glad you said there decent, thats what i was hoping :)

Cheers Steve

paulm":1yztsc2u said:
It's a steal at £45 Steve, wouldn't think twice at that price !

Cheers, Paul

Thanks Paul, got to collect it at 6:30pm tonight, cant wait :)

cheers steve

Google for Tuffsawa and email or call Ian there, he will advise on size and type of blades to suit what you plan to do.

Cheers, Paul

paulm":379ynut4 said:
Google for Tuffsawa and email or call Ian there, he will advise on size and type of blades to suit what you plan to do.

Cheers, Paul

Cheers paul, will give them a call in the morning.

Cheers
Steve

Back