Axminster/Jet, Microclene and Dakota

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't say I sulk exactly... I may feel slightly nauseous for a moment and have a strong desire to find out where you live and when you'll be on holiday, but that's all... :wink:

Talking of L-Ns, I came across the most optimistic "Wanted" ad in the local paper this morning:

"Wanted, lienielsen (sic) planes, black (block I s'pose?), smoother."

Well yeah, don't we all? Heck, not even a "best prices paid" mention. :lol: As the only hand tools on offer in there for months have been spanners, I don't fancy their chances much... :?

Cheers, Alf

Hey All,
I use two dust extractors- 1 is a two bag high volume, low pressure and the other is a drum type, low volume high pressure. They both are very useful, the drum one is a record select i picked at a show recently. It is better for smaller power tools with finer dust. The two bag one is handy because of its capacity(especially when using the thicknesser!) and not so good with really fine dust. But I could live with just a drum type if I had to.
regards,
Philly

Alf":3tvyowr5 said:
I wouldn't say I sulk exactly... I may feel slightly nauseous for a moment and have a strong desire to find out where you live and when you'll be on holiday, but that's all... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Actually.... I've been on holiday all week... if I'd KNOWN you wanted to come help... god knows I have enough stock to keep both of us busy for a month.....
<thinkin I'd best keep quiet about todays order...

Hi All,

Has anyone used the 110mm ring sealed soil pipes in their system? I mention this because i have noticed that they have longer runs then the conventional dust extraction pipes and so there will be less joints. The only problem i can see is the joining the 110mm pipe to my 100mm machines.
Screwfix do a rubber flexible adaptor which is for joining "non pressure pipes of differing diameters". Would this work?

All the best

Mike

Mike,

I've used the 110MM stuff no problem at all.
Just used standard grey soil pipe which I bought from my local plumb centre.

Push fit is great as I can un plumb and re plumb if I need to.

For connecting to machinery I bought some short lengths of 100MM
pipe which slips into the 110MM and then taped with that silver ducting tape. Can then slip over flexible ducting to hook up the machinery.

I have the 2Bag charnwood extractor with the ducting in a U shape along the back wall and down the full length of each side of the WS. have blast gates at various points I need them and it "sucks the chrome off a trailer hitch", as our murican cousins say.

One thing to be careful of is make sure you get the y pieces in the right orientation. I had a DOH! moment with the one which goes to the thicknesser. Kept clogging which was a real PITA till I actually sat down and thought about it. :oops:

Cheers

Signal

Back