My mate Billy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bm101":3mzjz6nd said:
Bob. Get a Blue Heeler.
Like Huskies, wolves or indeed Tigers these dogs need no training and are happy to sleep all day with no exercise. They make ideal house pets. :D :D :D :D :D

Look at his face. He will defend you and your children to the death.

Is a blue heeler a relation to the Aussie herding dog? Hes exceedingly cute

Moose (great name) also looks too cute.

Thats it Scooby. Think mostly you get red or blues. Named heelers because they nip at the heels. Always fancied one.

I'm thinking English setter this year, then a gordan setter to make a full set, English, irish, Gordan, although there is a red and white as well.
Always fancied a little parsons jack russell.

I've had English Setters for the last 30 years. They are beautiful, intelligent, gentle, loving dogs but can be a little willful and ignorant when it suits.
My first dog had terrible recall and would make a bolt for it given a chance. He would return home scratching on the door only when he was ready.
My second dog didn't recall but he would stand and wait for me to catch up and would never run away.
My third was my first ever puppy. She was so faithful and would stroll along beside me never even thinking of loosing sight of me no matter the distraction.
I got my present puppy in October. A beautiful orange belton puppy who is full of pineapple but she is calming down now at 10 months old.
Go for it Bob, you will fall in love with the breed and won't regret it

Gerry":1ovplq2f said:
I've had English Setters for the last 30 years. They are beautiful, intelligent, gentle, loving dogs but can be a little willful and ignorant when it suits.
My first dog had terrible recall and would make a bolt for it given a chance. He would return home scratching on the door only when he was ready.
My second dog didn't recall but he would stand and wait for me to catch up and would never run away.
My third was my first ever puppy. She was so faithful and would stroll along beside me never even thinking of loosing sight of me no matter the distraction.
I got my present puppy in October. A beautiful orange belton puppy who is full of pineapple but she is calming down now at 10 months old.
Go for it Bob, you will fall in love with the breed and won't regret it

Can you recommend a breeder Gerry?

I have used canonsett and ingella.
Ingrid at ingella has some puppies available July http://ingella.co.uk/?page_id=3396
Sheila at canonsett doesn't seem to do much breading nowadays but she has a lot of contacts so it could be worth enquiring http://canonsett.co.uk/?page_id=31

Be prepared to have to traval though these are quite a rare sight nowadays.
Ingella is nottingham and canonset is in Scotland.

Penny, my orange belton puppy is from ingella and my last two were canonset.

Gerry

Attachments

• 20190615_070526.jpg
    20190615_070526.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 296
Thanks Gerry, forwarded that on to the Mrs, she can decide what we do.
Got to be a setter of some sort.
We have a bed for 2-3

df1Jtu6.jpg

This is Charlie, he's 9. Pic after he tried to eat an old sandwich thrown in a gloss paint can during our build.

zCd7wzy.jpg

Looks like we are getting an English Setter. Gerry gave me a contact and through them we were introduced to another lady whose English has just had puppies (not a breeder).
Wife went for a look last week and even though she says she thinking about it, I know she will have one :D
I like the idea that it's the third dog we were talking about getting and not another Irish to replace Billy.
Thanks for the info Gerry. I'll post up pics when we have them.

Poor old Charlie will be demoted to No2 again :(

Make sure you get the fella wormed and de fleaed pdq. I've just been told by the vet that mine shold have been wormed every two weeks up to now and every month til six months. We did him at eight weeks despite being told he'd been done and the poor little thing was so full of roundworm he threw them up live as well as passing them dead. :shock: Horrible. It's good flea weather as well, especially if they're anywhere near cats. My "little thing" is 15kg at twelve weeks. :D

Handsome dog Phil.
Are those the cliffs of Dover behind him there?
He's gonna be a big lad either way.

Well he's here. Could be trouble. Wifes gone out, left me in charge, do puppies like curry or pizza?

FttIeQk.jpg

Back