My mate Billy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are going to make the most of the time you have together and that is the best you can do for Billy and yourself.

7 weeks later and he's still going.
Just taking the water on ice creams now :lol: :lol: :lol:

eEAx6IY.jpg

T2sv5f2.jpg

Just to prove I don't bear a (very big) grudge, I'm very sorry to hear of your situation and very pleased that you are still enjoying moments of pleasure together.
I've never owned a dog, but I did have rabbits when I did the magic show stuff and it was always devastating when their time came. Best wishes.

MikeG.":2brs0kgr said:
Sorry to hear this Bob, it's horrible losing dogs.
It's horrible losing any animals. We had a pair of British Blue pedigree cats, mum and daughter and we lost both within three months of each other. SWIMBO is allergic to almost any animal dander and cats especially so we've been without moggies or any indoor pets for several years now.
I do have a lot of fish in the pond though :D - Rob

doctor Bob":12wmengz said:
7 weeks later and he's still going.
Just taking the water on ice creams now :lol: :lol: :lol:

eEAx6IY.jpg

T2sv5f2.jpg

Good lad.
Brings me a bit of warmth Bob that. Give that lad's ears a rub for me. The chancer.
My 6 and a half stone alsatian, bear, mammoth, gonk mix went stone deaf as he got old. Barney. Baaaarnnnneeey! Nothing. Poor old sod we'd say. Heartbreaking.
If i tried to silently open a kit kat down the garden at midnight.
'Alright Boss! Is that a katkit?! I love kat kats! Are we having Kitkats!? Right feckin' next to me !
Me: I thought you were supposed to be deaf mate. Also... how did you unlock the kitchen door? Did you cover your tracks with the Mrs? You know she loves a crisis.
Barney: Just out for a strolls in the moonlights. Happen to hear rapper crinckles . Just happy cwincidence.
Ok buddy. *shares kwik cat*
Look at the moon mate. Isn't that beautiful?
*its a goot moon bosss
Ok man. Night night mate, time for bed. *rests hand.
Been over 10 years. I'm still sitting here waiting. Just in case there's been a mistake somewhere and they send him back.

I would like to point out for all of you with a furry four-legged friend, chocolate is POISONOUS for dogs.
There is no safe limit and should never be fed to dogs. The same applies to raisins and grapes. There are a number of things dogs should avoid including onion, but chocolate and grapes are commonly given to dogs as treats but will cause liver damage and kidney failure.

Battersea Dogs Home - Food Advice

I ain't even (really) answering this out of respect to both Bob and Billy.
A fair point well made,some foods are poisonous to dogs and it's good to point that out, fair play. But in all honesty my lad didn't actually unlock the back door or argue with my Mrs either. Don't mean I'm not still waiting though. The rest of it is true.
Best wishes Bob.

Loz_S":tv880vo7 said:
I would like to point out for all of you with a furry four-legged friend, chocolate is POISONOUS for dogs.
There is no safe limit and should never be fed to dogs. The same applies to raisins and grapes. There are a number of things dogs should avoid including onion, but chocolate and grapes are commonly given to dogs as treats but will cause liver damage and kidney failure.

He's dying................ it's one of his final treats. Never had chocolate before.

Absolutely correct as Loz-s says as general advice but good on yer Bob, Billy deserves the taste of forbidden food, I'd do it with ours. =D>

That said, our last labrador ate 2 packets of munchies, paper foil and all when a pup and lived to 13 and our current 4 year old will eat anything given half a chance. She ate all the foliage off a large planter of tulips a few years ago, sicked them up after 20 mins just as well as they're poisonous.

My boxer ate a whole duck carcass complete with the polythene bag it was in along with two polythene bags of dog poo that some kind soul had lobbed over the garden wall. Once all nicely macerated she threw it all up in the kitchen, and was most upset I wouldn't let her eat it again. I have never smelled anything like it, ever. On three occasions I had to gently pull a supermarket carrier bag through her very gently. :shock:
Anyone who has ever had a boxer will be thinking yes, been there, done that. :lol:

Sorry to hear your news. Looks like a cute chap.

On the subject of chocolate and dogs. We had a Beagle, well two but this story was from when we just had the one, Rhubarb was his name. He once ate an entire Sara Lee Black forest gateau (meant for 8 people) including the box and plastic wrapping. Lived to 15.

We lost his sister and a couple of months later we lost him too. That was a terrible time.

Don't forget to spoil the other one too.

Currently have a rehomed whippet - she doesn't cuddle much (ex show dog) but she's getting better and I do get a nice greeting on my return from work.

My friend once saw something sticking out of her German Shepherds bum, she gently pulled it and said it was like a magic trick as a pair of her tights appeared......................

doctor Bob":hls27l01 said:
My friend once saw something sticking out of her German Shepherds bum, she gently pulled it and said it was like a magic trick as a pair of her tights appeared......................

Now there's a trick. I want to know how the dog got them off her mistress legs without her knowing. :wink:

My daughters labradoodle crunched and ate a tennis type ball last month, poo'd up bits of it and sicked the rest up, including the squeaky mechanism 11 days later. Never showed any ill effects during that time and still ate like she was starving.

Our lab a couple of years ago picked something up in the field and wouldn't let my wife near her until she collapsed choking. It was a disgusting rotten rabbit and the legs were sticking out of her mouth with the head presumably down to her stomach, pulled it out and she still wanted it back.

Didn't much like the taste of antiseptic when she got home though. #-o

Attachments

• GPVP4521.JPG
    GPVP4521.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 555
doctor Bob":2eo6c705 said:
Loz_S":2eo6c705 said:

He's dying................ it's one of his final treats. Never had chocolate before.
That's all right Bob, I understand your situation.
I just wanted to make sure anyone who saw your Billy snacking on a flake didn't think that was normal.
A lot of people are not aware of the simple things that dogs should avoid.
All the best.

doctor Bob":1fcit2ix said:

I once has an Old English Sheepdog who had the same habit. I have removed at least a dozen pairs by standing on the end and chasing the dog away.

Vet check up today.
Same weight so good news but Lymph nodes really swollen, like a bag of marbles under his throat.
Within a month ........ :( :(
Little tear forming.................

Hi

Yes, loosing a dog is always very sad. We have lost 2 Jack Russells but in both cases they were over 18 years old.

We also lost a Border/Jack Russell cross but it was a mad dog and was hit on two occasions by cars as it climbed op and over a 1.5m high fence with 2.5m high hedge!!

Anyway, this dog also ate the wrong things including an assortment of child's wax crayons!!! You should have seen what came out the other end!!!!!

Phil

Back