VFD For Multico TM3 Tenoner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
What spec VFD would I need to run the tenoner?What is difference between TM2 compared to TM1 and TM3?
Thanks.

Look for your motor plate, usually on the capacitor housing, then get in touch with: https://inverterdrive.com/ very helpful people, they will tell you exactly what you want.

Mike

Motor .jpg

Attachments

• Motor .jpg
    Motor .jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 376
As far as I can remember a TM1 is 240 volts (single phase) which is the type I have and a TM3 is 440 volts (3 phase).

Never seen aTM2 but that's not to say they don't exist.

Merlin

pollys13":sp1jyt6w said:
What spec VFD would I need to run the tenoner?What is difference between TM2 compared to TM1 and TM3?
Thanks.
As long as you can see 240v written on the motor nameplate, not the machines nameplate you can use a VFD
If you see this you can use household voltage.
Always look at the motor as it may have been changed, either by the operator, or other motor batches sourced elsewhere, by the machines brand.
My 300Kg 3HP/2.2KW bandsaw draws little more than my laptop when running with no load, and dosen't dim the lights like the single phase
1hp drill I have on startup.
I use the Huanyang or the Isacon/askpower drives ...
the latter has technoligy that turns off the cooling (computer) fan after use, instead of it running all the time.
These get shipped fast from my experiences so you can get your machine and figure out the Hp/KW rating and go from there.
It is advisable to make a dust proof enclosure, or at least source the box/sheet metal for making one, if you know you want a certain machine with dual voltage motor, but have to wait.
I havent needed to go "the next size up" than the machines motor HP/KW rating.
Look at the Wadkin motor thread from the other day..I think its in general woodworking section.

Anytime Polllys13
Thats what forums are for.
I found your spindle molder journey thread interesting to say the least...
It might come in handy someday
Tom

OK cheers, oh yes, my spindle moulder thread I've been away from forum for a while but I'm back now.
No worries about VFD as I bought a nice home used 240V Multico TM1 today at a very reasonable price. I expect to post some questions about it later this even, if i don't melt.

Back