Started setup of my Aldi table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
building aldi table saw 1w.jpg
The warm weather arrived as you know this week and my thoughts turned to the workshop so got out the Aldi table saw (£80 job). Purchased back in Jan. 2018.
It was very slow going for me these days, unpacked the case which has been laying on some carpet in the old double garage workshop and proceeded to read the instructions for setting up which were very good and as long as you read the detail they were easy to follow. What wasn't so good yesterday I put in 28 bolts plus washers and nuts and each one needed a kneeling and some times a change of position and at 80 years you younger members I can tell you you have an experience you will not look forward to.
So photographs of progress to date, (two more side straps to bolt on to legs 8 bolts) then the table is to be turned over on to legs.
I do not think I will cope with that so will tempt a couple of builders on a job somewhere local to assist.
Photograph so far.

Attachments

• building aldi table saw 1w.jpg
    building aldi table saw 1w.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,551
I know exactly where you are coming from on kneeling down, all made much easier with velcro on knee pads, if you haven't got any they are a boon for arthritic knees, but don't help the hands, shoulders and elbows. (hammer)

Mike

MikeJhn":3jcxrncg said:
I know exactly where you are coming from on kneeling down, all made much easier with velcro on knee pads, if you haven't got any they are a boon for arthritic knees, but don't help the hands, shoulders and elbows. (hammer)

Mike

100% agree with you Mike, knee pads are a gift from heaven - well for me anyway :roll:

Obi Wan :eek:ccasion5:

Normally I'm not a frequent wearer of overalls, but last year my better half bought me a "bib & brace" type with large sewn in pockets in the knees to take quite thick but removable rubber kneeling pads. Now when doing work where I expect a lot of kneeling (garden, workshop, whatever) I do use them and they help a lot - and are OK even when it's hot.

3M sell an overall with hood that also has the knee pad pockets, wear mine most of the time in the workshop, especially when it is very warm outside, use your imagination, on second thoughts don't, wrinkly old man alert. :wink:

Mike

OK the table is fitted up but there is a problem!

upright w saw.jpg

The saw plate cover I have removed for clarity, The dust collecting system inside the motor compartment beneath table top has a broken ASB part on the dispersing plate and only fits to 3 of its securing ports the fourth is broken and floats around and it tension spring also floats , shown at photograph.
So waiting Aldi service who are seeking the German suppliers decision.
spring loose ww.jpg

So fitting out delayed for now.

(PS I have a new PC arriving today and expect to be tied up for a while its Windows 10 and that's all new to me)

Attachments

• upright w saw.jpg
    upright w saw.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,297
  • spring loose ww.jpg
    spring loose ww.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,291
Back