oak timber supplier in the herts area

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_UK

Reaction score
I am after a few oak boards - say 1"x6" x 6ft or so - are there any suppliers in the hertfordshire/bedfordshire area that people recommend - I looked at the online/mail order places but delivery makes up a big proportion of the cost if you are only ordering about £70 worth of timber.

Thank you.

These guys are helpful and will let you pick and choose,
plus have offcuts which may suit members who only want small amounts, not cheapest but not many retailers in our area!
The website does not make it look like they sell timber, don't let this put you off calling :wink:
http://www.ternex.co.uk/index.html

Chiltern Timber in Hemel Hempstead have always helped me although Ternex have better stock, there's also a place in Paradise in Hemel that does reclaimed French Oak.

many thanks for all the suggestions.

I went along to ternex this afternoon and picked out some oak boards - very interesting to have a look round a proper sawmill - would recommend a visit.

I went to hardwood job lots on e bay they are in Sawbridgeworth yesterday (found them myself on ebay a while ago) - from what I saw were good and better than previous places I've been too. See www.greentimber.com

Just a quick note, a lot of of the well-known merchants raise their costs just because their brand is acknowledged and thus patrons will pay extra. The cost variance can be considerable and it doesn’t certainly mean you’re purchasing a better product.

Davidadew":dqd6jdrq said:
I went to hardwood job lots on e bay they are in Sawbridgeworth yesterday (found them myself on ebay a while ago) - from what I saw were good and better than previous places I've been too. See www.greentimber.com

Ohh I drove past them the otehr day while taking littlun to a cricket thing. I have next Thursday off, might go check them out.
Do they sell smaller than their ebay listed "job lots"?

also, point of note, Quidco are doing 5% cashback on ebay purchases at the moment :)

Back