Fence supplier advice needed.. please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuitardoctorW7

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi

I need to put up new fencing around my garden in West London. I'm having real difficulties trying to source good quality panels, concrete posts and gravel boards with delivery that is not extortionate.
I want 9 x 5ft (high) 6ft (wide) hit 'n' miss, 6 closed board panels of the same dimensions, 10 x concrete posts (8 foot long) 9 x concrete gravel boards (12" high, 6ft wide) and 15 bags postcrete
and some description
A lot of places are out of stock, or can't commit to delivery times or won't deliver to "that London", one supplier wanted £454 delivery! Any recommendations of good suppliers that won't take the p please?

Find a fence company who will errect a close boarded fence on site, 4 inch wooden post may be easier to source and also use concrete rather than some post mix and all in all you should get a better job. They do clips so you can still use the gravel boards but again concrete products may be in short supply. I was told that between Hinkley and HS2 they have consumed the equivalent of six plus years of normal cement supply, so much for any green credentials!

Your best bet is to trawl the net for suppliers - I lost 70m+ of fencing in this years storms and phoning around local erectors was quoted October or beyond because of the unprecedented demand.
I ended up sourcing supplies that were in stock as near as I could and paid £25 extra for delivery as was out of their free delivery area even though the order was north of £1.5k. Chatting with the delivery driver, he said most of the fencing firms they supply were now quoting 2023 dates their order books were so full...
Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back