NOS woodies - plough and sash fillister

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikebeetle

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would share some pics of the planes I have just acquired:

The Salmen plough (on the right) came with 10 irons, mostly still in their wax and rustproofing paper. The Marples sash fillister came with some random spare irons.

As they are not really collectors pieces I will be having them as my regular users and should last my lifetime.

An excellent buy!
I was watching those thinking they looked like an ideal pair of relatively late planes to use with no restoration needed.
Let's see them in use.

Nice score Mike! How much did they go for in the end?

I too would like to see them in action but more importantly..give us a bit of a show and tell on the most excellent Startrite bandsaw acting as the "table"!!!

Cheers

Jimi

Jimi - they went for £23 delivered in the end! The Startrite is an SP156, that's all record power could tell me about it but it's quite solid with a cast aly case (By the way there was a 3 phase one for sale on ebay the other day).

Andy - yes that's a 1942 mark, I guessed it was something to do with the war department. Are you a woodie collector too? Maybe send me a PM and we could meet up maybe?

Mike

Latest posts

Back