New idea for those that sell at shows

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finneyb

Established Member
Reaction score
Saw this recently in the US, thought it might be an idea that some may like.

Brian

Scroll 1.JPG

Attachments

• Scroll 1.JPG
    Scroll 1.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,577
Lots of work gone into that plonk outfit

at least three kinds of wood; well finished too !

Good find. It's the type of thing that many might buy if the price is right and then only use once before loosing in a drawer! :lol: Lots of ways to spruce it up though to help them sell.

This page points out something that hadn't occurred to me;

You can use two of the two-glass type together to hold 4 glasses.

http://www.outofthewoodsoforegon.com/winebutler.html

But I think the design in the original image posted by Brian is better than most;
the common end-on type of slot for the glass looks like it might
be prone to the user, carrying the wine bottle, pushing the glasses
out of the slots (smash!) whereas the side-on slots of the Brian's image
should prevent this.

BugBear

"You can use two of the two-glass type together to hold 4 glasses."

That means half as much wine per glass = bad. ;-)

Hi Brian,
I have been making these wine YOKES for the last 4 years now,and they are still a good seller.I may make some of the laminated ones,good way to use up scrap bit of wood.If you want you can look at Began as a Tree-PJM Woodcrafts on facebook,Janette has some photos on there.

Peter

thanks for idea, and pattern link, here is my first go at one of these. Sadly I don't drink wine and it doesn't look so good on a gin bottle, but here it is on a Bacardi bottle my sister left (amazed there's anything in it!)
winebutler2_thumb.JPG

P.S. put this on my FB page a little while ago and have already had 3 orders, thank you :D

Attachments

• winebutler2_thumb.JPG
    winebutler2_thumb.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,315
Hi all, this would make a great Christmas present for some of my family but I could do with some help. I don't drink at all so I have no idea of sizing for this. Do the ones in the plans for naznomad for well for UK wine bottle and glasses?

Hi Stooby, when I printed off pattern from link, it was awfully wee, so copied it into inkscape and enlarged it til I got a size that fit a bottle, would be happy to email you my copy if you like?
Gill

Back