Looking for UK YouTube woodworking channels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMongoose

Reaction score
Hi people im new here, i actually signed up to ask a few questions about a toy box im making using pallet wood and MDF but those questions can wait until im further into the project (nightmare).

So i wonder if you guys know of any good YouTube channels owned by UK people showing off their work and offering guides and tutorials along with other stuff.

Any time i search youtube its always American channels that come up and frankly im tired of the envy i feel when i see their huge home based workshops, power tools, dust extractors and all that stuff.

So yeah if you know any good channels or have one of your own it would be great if you could share them with me.

Cheers.

Table Saw Reviews

The English Woodworker (there's a clue there!) Richard Maguire. Down to earth approach, mainly on hand tools. Now also offering a premium channel as a change of direction from making top quality benches.

Sharp edge woodworking

Not many big ones that I am aware of. Although there are quite a few UK woodturning channels

MM
I believe there is a woodworking club at Platt Bridge Wigan -- not been myself but could get details if you want

Looked it up and found it.

WIGAN WOODCRAFTS CLUB
Secretary: Russell Gibbs
Telephone: 01942 811169 Mob 07802 916967
Meetings: Twice monthly on Mondays from 7.30pm
Venue: Platt Bridge Community Centre, Walthew Lane, Platt Bridge, WN2 5AH

That's probably another level for me, actually the channels shared are all on a different level in terms of how much is done by hand. Pretty much everything i do is done using some kind of power tool.

But the woodcraft place is definitely something i'll consider going to in future. Thanks for the heads up.

Cordy":240mfyhi said:
MM
I believe there is a woodworking club at Platt Bridge Wigan -- not been myself but could get details if you want

MadMongoose":3ohmbxdi said:
That's probably another level for me, actually the channels shared are all on a different level in terms of how much is done by hand. Pretty much everything i do is done using some kind of power tool.
If it's UK power tool users you're looking for then Peter Parfitt is your man - https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneMessage/videos
Be warned it could get very expensive :D

Here's a couple more UK channels -

Mitch Peacock WOmadeOD ("made in wood").
Videos cover joint making, woods and some of his commercial contracts.

Woodomain - Jeremy Broun. Well known router expert. Videos cover routing, high end furniture design and much more, including his guitar playing.

Back