Lidl 30l vac. with power take off starting 20 July

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one last time. Very pleased so far, especially about the metal can - far less static.

Bit noisy but OK for the workshop and DIY. Haven't tried wet vacuuming though.

Forgot to say: I've had difficulty getting the correct bags. Eventually ordered them from Germany (good, fast service), but the carriage cost means about two quid per bag. Smaller ones fit, if you pack the bottom of the cylinder to reduce the height. If you don't, they tear when they get heavy.

I'm using bags because I've been sucking up cement and plaster dust recently. It would probably be fine with just the filter for sawdust.

Eric The Viking":1f8g3vsm said:
Very pleased so far, especially about the metal can - far less static.

I really like mine apart from the bit where the bloody hose doesn't seem to fit any power tool I own! I have an array of reducers, bits of rubber tube and bits sawn off of an old household vacuum to connect it to a Makita circular saw or the extraction port on a Bosch router (which are also different to each other, of course). To be fair I haven't tried it on the Parkside track saw, yet - that ought to fit, at least!

JakeS":v19gk436 said:
Eric The Viking":v19gk436 said:
Very pleased so far, especially about the metal can - far less static.

I really like mine apart from the bit where the bloody hose doesn't seem to fit any power tool I own! I have an array of reducers, bits of rubber tube and bits sawn off of an old household vacuum to connect it to a Makita circular saw or the extraction port on a Bosch router (which are also different to each other, of course). To be fair I haven't tried it on the Parkside track saw, yet - that ought to fit, at least!

That's odd about the Makita saw. I tried mine on the SP6000 the other day for the first time, and was pleased to find it fits without the usual bit of sawn-off kitchen waste pipe I need with the Numatic hoses. It's not a tight fit, so the vacuum needs to be on to keep it in place, but that's OK - it certainly works.

The DX on those saws is brilliant. You only realise if you forget to connect the hose. :oops:

Mind you, the biggest purchasing mistake I've made was buying a 110V SP6000K. It means lugging the transformer about and that I can't (probably shouldn't) plug it into the vacuum's power take-off.

E.

*I modded the Earlex years ago: everything except the Parkside in the house now all usees Numatic hoses - bit smaller diameter, but it's great to keep only one type of hose & fittings. The earlier Henry-series vacuums had the spigot for the inlet as a separate moulding (now moulded into the tub in one piece). It is/was available from spares shops (we have one just up the road). So an easy mod for the Earlex was to cut off its silly unthreaded spigot and fit a threaded one instead. Numatic hoses are narrower, but work fine for DX on the bandsaw and router table, and handheld power tools. I didn't mod the blower outlet, and keep the Earlex original hose for the rare occasions I need that.

Eric The Viking":3jzx75ym said:
That's odd about the Makita saw. I tried mine on the SP6000 the other day for the first time, and was pleased to find it fits without the usual bit of sawn-off kitchen waste pipe I need with the Numatic hoses.

Mine is a 5704RK, the extraction port on the saw has about the same internal diameter as the hose on the Parkside vac does. Maybe I just need to buy more expensive power tools! ;-)

Back