Lidded Ash hollow form."for critique"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Foweraker

Established Member
Reaction score
This piece is sanded to 600 grit and finished with Renaissance wax.
140mm high inc lid x 180mm wide

DSC01325.jpg

The form is nice george and the proportions look good- i think you could make this finial your own over time-as its just diffrent enough to not be asscoiated with mark's lidded work.

yep I'm sold. Very nice. The final is an interesting idea that works and the Ash has some lovely grain. I love the way the RenWax has kept it so pale.

Oh and if that's a photo tent, I have found they actually do iron very well on a medium heat. If you're worried it might melt then you can do it under another sheet.

Works for me too. The finial as George says looks to be different enough to be yours. The form looks right on as well.

Pet

Thank you all for commenting i appreciate all replies.
As for ironing i am a woodturner not a Dobi walla :lol:
Next time the wife is ironing i will sneak it in.

Regards George

I really like all of them, and I love the lid.

My only criticism is that on the very first one the transition from out to in on the waist looks to be slightly above the mid point. Just enough above the middle so that my eye keeps wanting to refer to it as the mid point and then my brain gets upset because it is not exactly the mid point. The others with the waist as more of a shoulder make my eyes and brain both go "sweet!". It could just be an artifact of the photo being taken from slightly above .

The colour and finish on all of the pieces are wonderful.

Nice to see some of your naturaly finished pieces George :D
Love the colour of the first Ash piece,and again the form looks good to me.
I like the lids on all pieces,but feel the the straight lines don't go with the round forms.
Might be worth trying to match the shape of the form more,like they have on the second and fourth piece,if you see what i mean :D

Hi George

Nice work I will show you how I make sure I can tie the lids in to the base form when you come over. easily done with a camera and microsoft word.

Back