Inca bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnBrown

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got hold of an Inca 342.186(Euro 260) bandsaw from eBay, for the princely sum of £50.00. It's generally in pretty good condition, the tyres seem fine, but I need to get some new blades, as the one it came with is rusty and bent, but, having never owned a bandsaw before, I could use some tips as to what to check for and setting up.
Anyone own/used to own one of these?
I've found the Inca user group on Yahoo, but the information there is very sparse.
Any advice gratefully received.

John

Bent or not if the machine will run with that blade and track OK then that is not too much fundamentally wrong.

Check the wheel bearings for rumbles and shake - on most machines these are changeable with a few basic mechanics tools. There has bee a thread here recently about changing bearings.

Check the guides for wear - some use ball bearings other solid blocks either way these should be adjusted to support the blade with a fag paper clearance and not to touch the teeth.

Set these up once you have bought a new blade from Ian John email [email protected] or via his ebay shop. Ian sells great blades and give lots of free advice too - a great favourite on this forum and others.

hth

Bob

BTW, there's another one ending very soon - French one rather than original Swiss though... I've only had this one 22 hours, and already I'm becoming a snob!

Great bargain JB! These things are really rated now...I love my old INCA table saw...tilt table and all...

DSC_00026.JPG

I stuck a new Freud blade on mine and it transformed it!

Get some blades from Ian at Tuffsaws - you will be amazed at how great they are.

You have a little gem there John...I am green (Startrite green!) with envy!

Let us know how it performs once you set it with new teeth!

Jim

I've had a French made Euro 260 for around 10 years now and it's never let me down. Provided the blade material is very thin (I use 14thou stock from Axminster) it will just about tension a 5/8" blade and rip 150mm...it's happier at around 100mm though for ripping.
This is the same saw as the late Jim Krenov used in his personal 'shop - Rob

My next-door-neighbour has a little Inca and it is a very nice - if rather tiny - machine. You should be able to get it to sing.

+1 for TuffSaws.

S

@Jim:
I just found the thread detailing the purchase and restoration of your Inca table saw. Good job!
Would I be right in thinking that new bandsaws have electronic braking?

woodbloke":2pignqtj said:
Steve Maskery":2pignqtj said:
+1 for TuffSaws.

S
I think I'll give the TuffSaw blades a little try next time I order any - Rob

Rob, You are welcome to try Ian's blades on my bandsaw if you are passing my way. They are the best thing since sliced bread - also good on wood too!!

Bob

My Dad bought an Inca bandsaw new about 25years ago. Having been looked after, it's still going strong.

They're great machines if you can get hold of one...the frame on mine is completely cast aluminium, no fabricated steel anywhere. A bit like the original B&D Workmate - Rob

Thanks to all for advice.
I see that Ian John at TuffSaws is away at the moment, but I will order a blade or two later.
The saw runs and tracks fine. It came with the mitre guide, rip fence(with micro-adjuster) and a depth stop(very rusty). Also a circle cutting jig!
The rail for the rip fence is not the original(at least I don't think so) so I've ordered some ali unequal angle to make a replacement. Bit tricky though, as I can't find any good pictures or diagrams of the rip fence rail! Most of the diagrams I have found are for the later French model.

daveswim":69orr02q said:
Wood Slicer blades are by far the best you can buy. Available at highland woodworking.
Long way for the OP to get a blade for the Inca...Tuff saws is a bit closer - Rob

Any chance of some pics of your Inca bandsaw - the ebay page has been removed. I've seen Jim's Inca table saw - it's very neat indeed. I quite fancy a smaller 2nd bandsaw for dedicated precision work (meat & fish blade of course).
Re wood slicer, I'm sure they are good but they are 2000 miles away from us UK lot! Most here rave about the Tuffsaw blades anyway.

Latest posts

Back