will update when i can get full photo
hi i have just managed to get my hands on a secondhand but never used lathe
it has the bed poles missing but everything else works
would anyone help me to find out make
and where i can get the poles from
thanks
cy
By phil.p
48mm in solid doesn't seem to be available, but 48mm tube is. It doesn't matter too much whether it's s/s or mild so long as it's not kept somewhere damp. S/S in that size would probably cost more than the lathe is worth. Fill the tubes with some cement if you want some rigidity and weight.
By Jonzjob
I assume that you have tried to contact the company ?

01474 708639. info@poolewood.co.uk
By Happy amateur
I doubt if Poolewood will be of much help as that lathe was produced before Terry Davis bought the company and also the company has been sold again and does not do those lathes anymore.
By the way Terry has now retired.

Fred Taylor
Orchard-woodturners.org.uk
By Jonzjob
But the worst answer the OP can get Fred is a blank stare init :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By Sideways
I don't know about the price, it's 20+ years since I bought centreless ground bar, but solid silver steel is available in standard diameters of 45mm and 50mm. Would the lathe accept larger or smaller than the 48mm nominal ?
Also, just to note, some lathes are / were made with tubular rather than solid bed bars.
By Trevanion
Sideways wrote:I don't know about the price, it's 20+ years since I bought centreless ground bar, but solid silver steel is available in standard diameters of 45mm and 50mm. Would the lathe accept larger or smaller than the 48mm nominal ?
Also, just to note, some lathes are / were made with tubular rather than solid bed bars.

The place where I get my silver steel from is around £150 a metre for 45mm silver steel and £170/m for 50mm. The bed would probably be worth more than the machine!

Get yourself some 48mm scaffold tubes. Dirt cheap.
By MikeG.
I saw a lathe just like this on Ebay last week, and thought...........hmmm, I wouldn't want to be the person trying to find those missing bits.
By cymelbushby
hi thanks all for the help
i will try scaffold poles but new ones should be straight ( well Hopefully)
and yes the one on eBay i went to look at and it was advertised elsewhere but i did in deed purchase the only thing missing is the poles the rest is pristine condition never even been put up and still bolted to the pallet it came on
so all good for me