Have we been to naughty for santa this year?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
As above really. Seems a good time to get the secret santa ball rolling. Im happy to step up to the plate this year unless any one has any objections?

Adidat

Well for quite a few years now we do a ukw secret santa. Its a chance for people to exchange wood work related gifts that have either been hand made of brought.

Here is last years picture thread

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/post-2015-secret-santa-gifts-here-t93890.html

Personally I dont really enjoy christmas or partake in it due to several reasons. But opening a truly unknown present on christmas day has been the highlight of the festive season for me. I have been truly gob smacked by what I have recieved including a stunning hand made smoothing plane. Also an equally beautiful edging plane!

I have just reallised that simon didnt start this business until the end of october so he may still have plans to start it.

Adidat

adidat":1lee91cf said:
Well for quite a few years now we do a ukw secret santa. Its a chance for people to exchange wood work related gifts that have either been hand made of brought.

Here is last years picture thread

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/post-2015-secret-santa-gifts-here-t93890.html

Personally I dont really enjoy christmas or partake in it due to several reasons. But opening a truly unknown present on christmas day has been the highlight of the festive season for me. I have been truly gob smacked by what I have recieved including a stunning hand made smoothing plane. Also an equally beautiful edging plane!

I have just reallised that simon didnt start this business until the end of october so he may still have plans to start it.

Adidat

I dont think I have ever seen this on a forum, its certainly a community in every sense of the word. What are the rules? guidelines?

Have a search for secret santa and it should bring up the rules and several years worth of gift postings.

Adidat

craigsalisbury":x9u175gr said:
I dont think I have ever seen this on a forum, its certainly a community in every sense of the word. ?

This place is like no other 8)

There are regular meets dotted around the country throughout the year, many are informal some are open doors.
We (physically) help each other out and many of us have made firm friends.

We squabble (if you want to start a digital punch up, just mention sharpening!) like any family but respect each others opionions.
Sometime we get our hands smacked by the mods

Hi,

I was about to post asking if someone would step forward this year as I'm about to disappear to Canada for 5 wks so will be out of immediate touch so thank for the post.

Simon

PS - count me in again and feel free to plagiarise as many of my posts to make org easy! Last year we had a good event although not as many participated as I'd expected (run from hand tools subsection perhaps missed some?) so let's hope for a really strong showing this year!

lurker":1ef49nza said:
craigsalisbury":1ef49nza said:
I dont think I have ever seen this on a forum, its certainly a community in every sense of the word. ?

This place is like no other 8)

There are regular meets dotted around the country throughout the year, many are informal some are open doors.
We (physically) help each other out and many of us have made firm friends.

We squabble (if you want to start a digital punch up, just mention sharpening!) like any family but respect each others opionions.
Sometime we get our hands smacked by the mods

i have skills to offer :D im just not sure what there are unless you need a taxi or computery stuff :D

I joined the forum in mid January and just caught the thread about secret Santa gifts received, I've just had a search and found Simons post with the rules in and am really happy to participate in this years secret Santa.

You either make something or you can buy something for your SS recipient.

Some nice bits of exotic wood, a tool, could be second hand that you have tuned up or woodworking books etc.

Once you have your recipient you can stalk, sorry research them to get an idea of what they would like, or just buy something!

Pete

I'd be up for this again. I didn't do it last year but did the year before and it was nice to get a present I genuinely enjoyed rather than socks or an instruction to go and buy myself something in a systainer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was also looking forward to this a few weeks back, but unfortunately i need to pull out now as i'm heading out the country for work and wont be back in time :(

I have sent Adidat a PM to see if this is still on. If he doesn't respond, does anyone mind if I take up the baton in a few days time?

I think I basically should. Possibly a bit late in the day now, but worth a shot I guess.

Back