Dakota Deluxe Router Table - fence fine adjustor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynne

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure someone has posted a similar idea before, but given the fairly recent interest in the Dakota deluxe Router Table I thought this might be of use.
Having been an advocate of the "nudge" adjustment technique for years, I thought with a new router table I should have a better mechanism for fine adjustments to the fence.
In taking an old computer table apart to go to the tip, I came across some M8 threaded bar and the idea emerged.

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

I have used the tracks in the table to mount the adjustor which is simply threaded bar that passes through a back support which has a captive M8 nut "dragged" into the support and then into a block with a counter-bored hole. The end of the rod goes through a washer and is held by a lock nut. The block is then simply bolted to the aluminium fence which is very easy to drill.

If you don't use the mitre channel to reference your work, then theoretically you could get away with with a single adjustor - but in the case of this table the dust extraction gets in the way a bit and hence I went for two.
The adjustment is very fine although I haven't tried to calculate what a single turn would make to the fence position.

The final change I made was to shorten the threaded bar as: -
You can make large position changes by simply moving the whole fence / adjustor assembly
I takes forever to move the fence a large distance by using the adjustor only
You need to be able to get at the plate adjustment on this table as I find mine moves with the accumulation of dust.

IMG_0646.JPG

Apologies if I have inadvertently plagiarised someone else's idea (never mind just short term memory loss, the medium and long aren't too clever either).

Cheers,

Glynne

Attachments

• IMG_0643.JPG
    IMG_0643.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0645.JPG
    IMG_0645.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0646.JPG
    IMG_0646.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 185
Thanks Mark.

I'm guessing the thread is standard so one 1/4 turn (one reason for the square handles) will be about 0.3mm which is good enough for me.

I did have a sneaky look at Steve's table which featured when he was making his bandsaw fine adjustor fence but thought the thickness of the fence assembly and the sub base might limit the height of cut I could make.

Glynne

Latest posts

Back