Bathroom sink cabinet (unfinished)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdK

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Nearly finished a bathroom undersink cabinet.
Roca sink - they wanted £600 for the official cabinet so I thought I'd have a go at making one.

Had some scrap maple and some scrap walnut - went with the walnut.

Construction was a bit unplanned but seems to have turned out.
Main criteria were:

1 - support for the sink
2 - some space in the cupboard for storing bathroomy stuff.

All made from offcuts and other people's scrap.

Got a PT before Christmas and made planing/thicknessing a little faster than going up the grades from scrub plane to smoothing plane!
Used the Domino XL for the joins.
Finished with 3 coats of osmo polyx matte as that is all I had to hand - not sure if that is a wise choice in a bathroom but might add another 3 coats over time....

Just need hinges (bit a-about-f about fitting the hinges but needed to support the sink...)

Cheers,
Ed
bath-cab-walnut02.jpg

bath-cab-walnut01.jpg

Wowers, I like that alot !! I did think the bathroom scales were the bottom of the sink at first glance :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ditto the scales looked like a plinth initially. Really nice cabinet. I like the floating effect.

Hi.

Nice looking cabinet.
A couple of questions if you don't mind. those rounded corners seem to have quite a large radius. are they veneered
or are they solid wood?
have you used bendy ply or is the radius moulded (ie machined/planed/rasped) ?

thanks

Thanks everyone - yes, stuff all over the bathroom. Tiling all done, plumbing all done, just need hinges for the cabinet doors and a door handle for the bathroom door (then the rest of the house needs work! Ha! Never ends).

@cerdeira : made this from offcuts from a friend who ran a carpentry business. No veneers. Solid wood - I just domino'd two sections together at right angles and then planed the radius down by hand - gauge lines - scrub plane - block plane - sand paper. Didn't take too long but think it worked out well - can't see the join too much.
Made these parts first as wasn't too sure about the design but in hind sight this was a bad idea as it was harder to clamp everything up with these large curves!

Thanks for looking - always good to get some opinions on something that you are not too sure about.
Cheers,
Ed

Back