Adidat's 5' board entry sapele cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
hi guys

typical leaving it to the last day, someone really decides to the turn the storm knob to 11 and knocked the power out, powers back now, although i'm considering using the board as a prop to stop the house blowing down! :lol:

a friend of mine is a pipe smoker so im planning to make a small pipe cabinet although timber allocation is tight so im not sure how far i will get with the interior. I will be happy with a complete cabinet and do the interior in my own time so to speak.

I searched through my stash of timber and nothing fit the bill so i went to a odds and sods timber merchant in town and got a fantastic bit of sapele cheap like budgie!

please excuse the messy workshop!

the board!

and the plans! (sorry about the grain direction) The grain will be going up and the bottom piece will have exposed end grain on the sides.

i plan to use fancier mouldings but creating mitred profiles on sketchup is hard going. I would have liked to make something more technical but i am limited what power tools i have, track saw, chop saw, router and drill and lots and lots and lots and lots of tools.

a will be machining the board to right sizes and deeping to make the back and top on a friend's machines.

good luck everyone!

adidat

thanks guys its going to be a week or so before i get it planed and cut up, i will do my best to do a good WIP. and get it finished!

everyone seems to be doing well and i am enjoying seeing the results.

adidat

My apologies for the lack of progress, person with planer let me down. But I have found another person thats better equipped so hopefully going there on Saturday so will update then.

adidat

Back